Throttle body adaptation no longer supported?

Ape Factory

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321067
Hi team,
I've run throttle body adaptation on my RS5 in the past after cleaning or any time I need to remove them. But it looks like with the latest update (or one of the past updates) the functionality is no longer there? There seems to be a method to check to see if adaption was run successfully but I no longer see throttle body calibration in any of the drop down menus.

Assuming the car needs to be at operating temp. When I log, car cold, the throttle body percentage, foot off the gas, left and right, is not matching. Same for WOT. I have a bit of a rough cold idle issue that I think is related to the calibration. Once it idles for a minute or two, it's fine. Also if I back out of the garage in reverse, it's rough until I put the car into D and move forward a bit. Once I've done that and the car is even somewhat warm, it idles like a well-running V12, just buttery smooth.

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you post an autoscan using the latest software? We need to see what files load and part numbers.

Ape Factory

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321067
I can, give me a bit, working the day job at the moment. I'll do some screen grabs of what's available now as well.

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score

Ape Factory

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321067
Ok so even though the wording is different now, the function is still the same, correct?

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Correct, any option that mentions throttle valve adaptation is the TBA group.

Reactions: Uwe