2013 VW Passat Channel 09

dvdtrmbl

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=48066
I apologize for not posting scan. Trying to program remote and there is no channel 09. Everything works on the vehicle, no problems. What am I doing wrong? Thank you for your time.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
"Channel 09"?

I think you must mean Address 09 -- the Central Electric Module, or BCM. The car definitely has one.

-Uwe-

dvdtrmbl

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=48066
Yes sir, address 09. Thank you for responding without a scan. Three tools will not comm. and everything I checked works on the car. I am going back to the car to run a scan on it. What are some the other things CEM/BCM controls?

Tharkhold

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=311665
Yes sir, address 09. Thank you for responding without a scan. Three tools will not comm. and everything I checked works on the car. I am going back to the car to run a scan on it. What are some the other things CEM/BCM controls?

BCM controls pretty much everything that's not powertrain related.

dvdtrmbl

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=48066
Thank you all for your time. I just wanted to post follow up to stupid question.
I programmed an extra key with a different tool and when I went to program remote function there was no comm. I tried Vag-Com after and still no comm. so I freaked and tried another tool and still no comm.
I believe the bottom line is I did not turn the key off between using tools because when I went back Vag-Com of course had no problems. Thank you.

Back