Download Old VCDS version

NHN

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=63355
Hi

Anyone got links to download v19, v20.4 as need to test some issues to rule out hexnet vcds is the issue.

Can't find any via RT site.

Thanks.

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
Please elaborate what exactly you are trying and describe the issue at hand. If your request has a valid basis, where an old version may be a workaround, we'll gladly send you a download link in order to double check/investigate the issue.

Reactions: Uwe

NHN

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=63355
Hi Sebastian, its Nigel, previous distributor.

Having some issues with steering angle on 2 cars now that read fine before, want to rule out everything before swapping number of parts.

Can you pm me links for v19 & v20 so I can test tomorrow when with clients.

Its probably not anything vcds related, however be good to have all variables in hand to test.

Thanks.

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
Which cars? What faults are stored? In many cases, an actual steering angle value will not show unless the sensor is initialized. The exact behavior differs for the individual ABS modules/systems, which means a generic answer is not easily possible. That said, it is extremely unlikely that your problem is even remotely connected to "the update". So again, please give us more details than just a vague description.

Reactions: Uwe

NHN

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=63355
8P chassis's, 04 & 05, wont calibrate steering limit stop, checked wss values all showing ok, sees g85 sensor but not showing any degrees of movement in 44 or 03, pre gen 3 so sensor is in the column still.

When in 03, basic setting g85 says ok, but also no value of turns shown.

If it was wss or bearings, wouldn't register wss all within same values, so to discount any vcds issues, I want to try other versions, before I condemn any parts.

Both vehicles had no issues of this value before, however it could just be coincidental hence discount easiest options 1st & reinstalling earlier versions & then install to latest is free so to speak, so thats my 1st call when I revisit sites tomorrow morning.

Can you link the earlier versions please so I can count vcds out of the equation.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001