2013 TDI 2.0l when to replace timing belt

wildernessbob

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195948
I just had the car into the dealer for some warranty service and they said i need to be replacing the timing belt soon. it has 114000km and according to the service booklet, i don't need to replace until 195000km. obviously changing it out sooner is wise, but this soon? 195k seems like a looooong time to me, but i don't see anywhere in the booklet that it should be done sooner. it's a lot of work and at the moment i really don't have the time, and to pay them to do it would just hurt too much.$$$$$$ is 195k correct?

Audiforlife

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295270
I recall in my service booklet on my 2013 a4 tdi its states 133k miles which I think is just over 200k km. It did not give a time interval but if you intend on keeping the car i would change it for peace of mind

Jef

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
I would suggest you replace it. There is a not so golden ratio of timing belts, the formula is D+A=F

D = distance
A = age
F = f**k......

You have a timing belt with 70836.3159 freedum luving 'merican miles on it, or in simple terms... a lot... and said belt is +7 years old.... you are much closer to the golden F than you know.

When I was at the dealer, a common thing I saw was 1.8T Beetles that were +6 years old that had failed timing belts at say 60K miles (or 96560.64 maple syrup loving toque wearing Zed KMs). As per VW, those cars were not due a timing belt, but there I was, doing another head job.

Back