3 Vin licence

Matteo.Santucci

Reaction score
Hey guys so I’m wanting to get into vcds and I know the updates are for 3 vin to 10 and 10 to unlimited, but I’m just wondering if I do buy a 3 vin license would I be able to upgrade straight to a unlimited when the time comes?

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Yes. Simply buy 2 upgrades. We'll get take care of it.

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
to go from 3 VINs to Unlimited VINs, you must pass through 10 VINs. Therefore, you must buy 2 upgrades.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
3-VIN to Unlimited is "2 steps" as far as the license is concerned. You can buy such an upgrade in a single transaction and get back a single Feature Code that will upgrade you to Unlimited VINs, but the cost will be the same as if you did it in two separate transactions.

As a general rule, if you think you will need Unlimited VINs at some point, it will be less expensive in the long run to start with a 10-VIN license.

-Uwe-

Matteo.Santucci

Reaction score
3-VIN to Unlimited is "2 steps" as far as the license is concerned. You can buy such an upgrade in a single transaction and get back a single Feature Code that will upgrade you to Unlimited VINs, but the cost will be the same as if you did it in two separate transactions.

As a general rule, if you think you will need Unlimited VINs at some point, it will be less expensive in the long run to start with a 10-VIN license.

-Uwe-
Ok understood that’s what I was debating in my head before 😂 thank you for the clarification