Audi 8K FWD to AWD conversion

Akoshhh

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=294383
I'm doing an Audi 8K FWD to AWD conversion.
The work is done, only there is a problem with the engine control unit. There is a different gear ratio in the transmission, so the cruise control does not work properly.
There is an option in the engine control unit to select AWD but not accept it. what is the solution ? ECU replacement only?

www.jpg

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Check the parts catalog (dealer, ETKA, PL24). If this ECU (03L-906-022-MJ) was only used in FWD applications, then you will have to replace it with the correct one for the application, or have it flashed with software for AWD. Cruise control is also quite fussy about transmission ratios; it will compare engine speed and vehicle speed in the current gear and won't work if the ratio isn't correct.

-Uwe-

Akoshhh

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=294383
Thanks for the reply. Yes the current ecu only exists in FWD. I'm buying an AWD ecu, that's not a problem, I just don't know if the Audi dealer can do the coding or not. According to the chassis number, this car is an FWD and that is always a problem.

apial

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=125504
When I retrofitted a german discover media unit to my US imported Tiguan, I used my US ODIS subscription to code and activate it (remove CP).
There is a general apporach to replace a part, this fuction was not working as it told me that the device it not the right part number for my car. So no coding/adaption was possible.

However, I was able to remove CP with a dedicated function and just did the coding/adaption with VCDS afterwards.

There is also a function to train the new ECU to the immobilizer, I have no idea if it would check for the part number in this check.

Akoshhh

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=294383
I have a new idea. I found flash files. Can i try to flash? VCP or ODIS Engineering maybe? Not a big risk?

Akoshhh

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=294383
I am happy to share with you that everything is okay :). Everything is fine after flashing ODIS-E. Cruise control works as it should :). Thanks for the help .