Reading injection quantity deviation log

wildernessbob

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195948
hey there,
i have no idea what i'm doing, but i thought i might try to see what's going on while driving my 2013 golf wagon with the whole bucking and surging tdi thing. so i logged the injection quantity during the event. i was hoping to see a cylinder drop out or something. what i have is the injection quantity deviation and over time as i drove steady, they are consistent for each cylinder. but they are not consistent with each other. i'm likely misinterpreting this, since i don't even know that this is indicating. what i see is that each cylinder has a different deviation from the next. what is it deviating from, and what should i be looking for?
perhaps i'm daft, but i can't figure out how to attach an image.

wildernessbob

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195948
interesting, if i insert the [img bit, the link doesn't work. i just get the ?, but without it the image does appear if i preview the post, but just the link appears in the actual post.
GQVpkWa

Last edited:

wildernessbob

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195948
so, i'm a liar.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
If you used traditional IMG tags, the link enclosed in them has to be an actual image; they typically end in .JPG, .PNG, or .GIF. In post #3, the link you enclosed in them does not specify an actual image, just a page on Imgur.com. In post #4, you used the media button instead. It knows what to do with Imgur pages.

For logged data, it would be better to post the actual data (which is just text) than a picture.

-Uwe-