Audi A6 4G ZF8HP (8s tiptronic) adaptation reset

Mwell

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=439106
I need to reset adaptation of my gearbox (ZF 8HP55AF = NVF) after an ATF change, as explained in Audi SSP 385 on page 64 (delete system-specific adaptation values).

Is this possible with VCDS ? On OBDEleven I get the following error "13) Function cannot be performed, mess. length or format incorrect ".
VIN is WAUZZZ4GXCN1*****

For the reset, do I need a security access code for my 02 - Trans? Is the code included with VCDS ?

Thank you!

Mwell

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=439106
Figured it out, on OBDEleven you have to select "Not available" after clicking "Erasing of system-specific adaptation values".
No security access code is needed.

touareggg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=540989
I need to reset adaptation of my gearbox (ZF 8HP55AF = NVF) after an ATF change, as explained in Audi SSP 385 on page 64 (delete system-specific adaptation values).

Is this possible with VCDS ? On OBDEleven I get the following error "13) Function cannot be performed, mess. length or format incorrect ".
VIN is WAUZZZ4GXCN1*****

For the reset, do I need a security access code for my 02 - Trans? Is the code included with VCDS ?

Thank you!
erase or reset the adaptations? I just changed my trans fluid and I want to reset the trans. Which one did you select?

Mwell

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=439106
Choose erasing.

davisev5225

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=263265
SSP385 is for 6-speed gearboxes, not 8-speed gearboxes. Why are you referencing the wrong SSP?

Reactions: Uwe
Back