Bad URL on VCDS Cloud Main Menu

jphughan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=380153
I tried the Cloud Functions function of VCDS-Mobile for the first time today. The HEX-NET successfully connected to VCDS Cloud and I saw the menu to perform function such as Adaptation, Coding, etc. However, when I clicked "Go Back", my browser took me to an incorrect URL page. I suspect the reason for this is that this is the URL in my address bar:

That's clearly not a valid URL. I did this on an iPhone X running iOS 13.4 if that's relevant.

On a side note, I performed some Adaptation changes and was expecting to see a debug/log CSV file in VCDS Cloud recording all of the adaptation changes I had made, just like VCDS desktop maintains a file named AdpLog.CSV. But when I sign into VCDS Cloud on my laptop's browser and click "View saved files", all I see is a folder with a name based on my HEX-NET's ID but no files inside it. Are adaptation and coding changes made through VCDS Cloud not logged anywhere? I find that feature on VCDS desktop very useful since it allows me to keep track of all of the adaptation changes I've made on a car.

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
That's clearly not a valid URL. I did this on an iPhone X running iOS 13.4 if that's relevant.

The original local IP address you came from should be stored in the browser to allow this transfer back, it seems that isn't working here. I assume you did this using the app, have you tried using an actual browser like safari?

jphughan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=380153
Thanks for the reply Shaun. On my iPhone X running iOS 13.4, tapping the HEX-NET in the VCDS-Mobile app actually switches me over to Safari rather than running an in-app instance of it, so I see this behavior both when starting from the app and when starting within Safari. However, I just tested this from my laptop where I'm running Firefox 84.0.1 and I did NOT see this behavior. Maybe this is caused by some privacy-oriented function of Safari?