ECU replacement/Upgrade

Limalex

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=260940
Hello Guys and Happy New Year,

I planning to upgrade my vehicle feeling system. It is a BMN 170HP engine with a Siemens ECU and fuel injectors and this are rubbish.

The car is a 08 Seat Altea Freetrack 4x4

The Freetrack has a 140 hp BMM and a latest 170HP CEGA engine

I would prefer the ECU from the newest engine but if its not possible than BMM is the way to go as both using BOSCH injectors.

Is there anyone here able to advise me on necessary parts list and adaptation processes of the upgrade?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Moving to Retrofits.

-Uwe-

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
Its somewhat unclear what you want to do? BMM and BMN are related PD engines and parts possibly can be combined to some degree but CEGA is a CR engine (not PD) and is a different engine alltogether. Doesn't feel like a feasible enterprise...

Reactions: Uwe

Limalex

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=260940
Its somewhat unclear what you want to do? BMM and BMN are related PD engines and parts possibly can be combined to some degree but CEGA is a CR engine (not PD) and is a different engine alltogether. Doesn't feel like a feasible enterprise...
Yes a was playing an idea to fit a never engine, but it not worth the effort and money involved.

SO I wish to stick with the first option.

I would need to program a BMM engines ECU to my BMN engine and it components.

The reason of this upgrade is to be able to have a Bosch injectors and Bosch ECU so the car can be modified to 300++ BHP++
The ECU's has different part numbers the Bosch injectors and wiring will be ready, but not sure how can I do the programing of the new ECU.

I am waiting for some wiring diagrams so that part of the work would be ok.

Is VCDS able to do ECU programing? Du I need to adopt every single component again?

Limalex

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=260940
thank you :(