erWIN - Audi

MELenium

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=427074
Hi all
I'm new here so bare with me and i'm not sure where to ask this question. I have only had my VCDS about 3/4 days and i'm learning as much as I can how to use it. When i'm using the VCDS software it sometimes keeps mentioning to look in the factory workshop manual for my particular car which is an Audi. So I thought I would pay for a 1 hour slot on erWIN- Audi to try to download some parts of the repair manual in PDF file but I used the full hour trying to find how to download files in PDF but I could not do it so I don't want to pay again until I know I can do it. So would someone kindly explain how I will be able to download a PDF file. Really appreciate any help you can give me thanks

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Since the question is pretty general and not about anything you can do with VCDS, moved to General VW/Audi Repair.

I don't use erWin much myself, and my understanding is that the RoW erWin is a bit different from the NAR one too, but I'll offer some general advice: If you're using a modern Windows PC, whatever you see on your screen can be printed to PDF.

-Uwe-

George Ab

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=232965
I was unaware of an hourly rate, just the daily rate. I had no problem getting all my manuals and schematics in a couple of hours. You already have your logon so it shouldn’t take too long. For the service side which is manuals these are the current prices: https://erwin.vw.com/erwin/showSubscriptionComparison.do

Your erWin subscription gives you unlimited access to the latest VW service information at a fixed price.
Note: To purchase a subscription, you must be registered and logged in.

Choose the subcription term you want:

• One day -- $35.00
  • Three days -- $60.00
  • One month -- $250.00
  • One year -- $1,500.00
$35 for all manuals/schematics is not too bad. The hourly rate may apply to the Offboard Diagnostic Information System service (ODIS) subscription side, not sure.

MELenium

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=427074
Hi Uwe. I am using 1 year old laptop running Windows 10. I don't know what you mean with RoW or NAR, I just went to erWIN Audi and they ask for the specification of the computer and software and needing 25 GB space and my computer passed everything. They give you a choice of flat rate prices, I just went for the 1 hour rate as I wanted to see what they could offer and clicked on repair manual which showed lots of instructions with diagrams. The 1 hour rate gives me the same as the 1 day rate which allows me to download to my computer to save for printing. If I know how to download to save as PDF files I will go for the 1 day flat rate to give me more time. I tried to download it with the print option of saving it as a pdf but all it did was download a copy of the page but without the detail. There must be an easy way of downloading them.

Hi George Ab The flat rates for Europe are:

1 Hour with rights for printing (7,00 euros)
1 Day with rights for printing (30,00 euros)
7 Days with rights for printing (130,00 euros)
30 Days with rights for printing (310,00 euros)
365 Days with rights for printing (2,850,00 euros)

You have downloaded them, how did you do it, I can see everything that I want it's just knowing how to get them to my computer

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I was unaware of an hourly rate, just the daily rate.
That's because you're using NAR rather than RoW, and they are different.

I don't know what you mean with RoW or NAR,
See how those are bold, green, and have a broken underline? Hover your cursor over them.

-Uwe-

MELenium

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=427074
Hi Uwe and
Hi George AB
I am from the UK and I was definitely on RoW as everything is in euros, I had a look on the NAR website and that is totally different to the RoW website.

This is taken from the RoW website that I have been using:

Repair information in PDF format
You can use the search to find repair information in PDF format in digital form from the manufacturer.

erWin flatrate
Use erWin Online Service Information: one hour, one day, one week, one month or one year at a fixed price.

So I should definitely be able to download the information that I require from the manufacturer in the PDF format, but how I do that is the problem.

MELenium

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=427074
Hi Uwe and
Hi George AB
This was copied from the RoW website:

Information in PDF format

You have the option of selecting from various flat rates with different ranges of functions.

Info mediumRepair and maintenance information flat rateOffboard Diagnostic Information System Service flat rate
Vehicle identification using product featuresX-
Repair manualX
Proper MaintenanceX-
Maintenance tablesX-
Digital service plan (only for registered companies)X-
Circuit diagramsX
Bodywork repairsX-
Work itemsX-
Emissions testX-
Field measuresX-
Technical product informationX
Vehicle diagnostics-X
Vehicle dataX
Self-study programsX-
Model-specific repair manual as PDFX-
GeKo / SVMService subject to charges -Info and link
Start of flat ratewith purchaseat the start of a diagnostics session
End of the flat rateupon expiry of the purchased time²upon expiry of the purchased time³

George Ab

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=232965
Hi George Ab
You have downloaded them, how did you do it, I can see everything that I want it's just knowing how to get them to my computer

I apologize I do not recall the specifics of how I downloaded the manuals and schematics as it was a few years ago. Nice option of having an hourly rate as it took me a hour or two to figure things out and download everything I needed.

MELenium

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=427074
Hi
Ive left a message on the erWIN site asking if they can give me the information that I require.

Ovidel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=390851
Hi MELenium
My advice is to do a little practice to get acquainted with the site, you can browse and even download a sample pdf (which will have only a few pages), and without paying a fee.
You should find "model-specific information" and "information in pdf format", choose car models and have the list of pdfs. If you click on "Contents" a pdf with only a few pages will be downloaded, if you paid a fee, that pdf will be complete.
And one more thing, not all browsers work, for example safari doesn't work, I use firefox, but explorer also seems to be more compatible.

MELenium

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=427074
Hi Ovidel
Thanks I am using Microsoft Edge, so that should be ok, I will see if erWIN gets back to me or I will maybe just have to bite the bullet,

MELenium

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=427074
This is the erWIN reply from my email

Dear erWin Customer,

Please take a look at the Model-specific information. The benefit of this menu is that you can take a look at the table of content in advance without an active Flatrate. Hopefully this will help you find the information you are looking for. Under "Individual vehicle information" you will find current training items, such as self-study programs and multimedia CDs. There you will also find every repair information in PDF format (not available in all languages).

dieseldub

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=28764
Most of the factory repair information starting in the early to mid 2000s will instruct you to use "Guided Fault Finding" for almost everything. Basically, it's a script that automates specific jobs for you so you don't have any idea how to do it manually using a tool like VCDS.

Long story short, factory repair information is often times not useful for specifics on how to use the scan tool. Some ABS repair info will give you login and coding instructions for example, but vast majority of cars built from the mid 2000s and up, there really isn't a whole lot of information available. They want to hide it away inside the GFF/Test Plan scripts in the factory scan tool.

Ross-Tech's Wiki and this forum are your best bet for how to do most of those functions manually.

• Agree
Reactions: Uwe

MELenium

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=427074
Hi
Thanks for everyone that's helped me, I bit the bullet and went for another 1 hour slot and I managed to download everything that I needed.
Thanks again.

Reactions: Uwe