If your status is something other than a "Verified" user, that means we could not find you in our customer records when you joined the forum. This could be due to one of following:
1) You didn't give us enough information. Perhaps you didn't provide a serial number, or maybe you're using a different e-mail address than when you bought your system. If you bought your system directly from Ross-Tech, you should be in our records. In that case, please PM me and I'll look into it.
2) You bought your VCDS system from one of our resellers and you haven't registered the product with Ross-Tech yet. In that case you are not in our customer records, and can't get verified until after you do register.
3) You bought a second-hand system and aren't eligible for support. You can still post in the New User section of the forum, but you won't get posting access to most of the rest of the forum unless/until you elect to transfer ownership of that system into your name. You can do that here at a cost of $99.
- If you have one of our older interfaces (anything other than a HEX-NET or HEX-V2) then please fill out this form -- it's free! Also, please put "Please check my forum status" in the 'Notes or Special Instructions' field of the form.
- If you have a HEX-NET, please register it as described in the video in this post.
- If you have a HEX-V2, please register it as described in the video in this post.
4) You bought an illegally pirated VCDS system. In that case, you're not really welcome here unless/until you decide to buy a real one.
Our records indicate that HEX+CAN (from 2006!) belongs to someone else in a different state. Thus it seems you fall into Category 3) of the first post in this thread.I have a now legacy device, Hex+can [SN Redacted] Rev A. I would like to be verified at your convenience,
I am the original purchaser of this device, your records should indicate that it was shipped to Mission Blvd in hayward, CA 94541 or Cull canyon rd Castro Valley CA 94552, same purchaser name, I moved my shop to Nevada in 2016. I have fortunately never required asking for support on a forum before, but I have a failure to recode model byte 1 from 04 A6 to 05 A7 on a 4g J431 4h4 907 357 E, I believe this coding is causing issues with my LCI facelift (non matrix) headlight conversion -ChrisOur records indicate that HEX+CAN (from 2006!) belongs to someone else in a different state. Thus it seems you fall into Category 3) of the first post in this thread.
Not according to our records. Your name in no way resembles the name of the person who bought it, and although he was indeed in California, the address it was purchased from was ~30 miles from Hayward / Castro Valley.I am the original purchaser of this device,
Interesting, because that order (20059886) is for a cable with a different serial number than the one you provided previously, and of course it's also a different e-mail address than the one you used to join the forum.Fortunately for me, I have records that say otherwise.
That is strange, I have had this cable for as long as I remember, I chipped the dlc end plastic about 18months after I bought it so it is easy to identify. It is possible that one of my technicians mixed up my cable with theirs or maybe a customers if a customer's cable was left in their car. There have been countless employees and customers, techs had access to my diagnostic equipment so it is possible it got mixed up, but it wouldve had to have been within the first 18months approx of ownership as I chipped the end making it easy to ID my cable from others.Interesting, because that order (20059886) is for a cable with a different serial number than the one you provided previously, and of course it's also a different e-mail address than the one you used to join the forum.
The serial number you previously provided was ordered by a person named "Victor" in San Francisco. Do you know him? Is it possible you guys swapped cables at some point?
You should have had Verified from the beginning, but sometimes we make mistakes; sorry about that.Hello all, glad to be here. And looking forward to get "Verified" status, if need to provide more then SN which i have registered when i made the account let me know.
Yes, all taken care of now.I'm bad at this. Looking through the box I found a receipt and did not purchase it directly so I've filled out the relevant form and submitted it. Once confirmed I assume it will tie to my forum account as I've used the same email address.
Indeed, you did. But the serial number you provide was not registered with us then, and remains unregistered even now. Please see the very first post in this thread for detailed instructions and links.Could you please check out my account (I provided the SN as requested)