2014 jetta tdi no interior lights, no trunk light, no glove box light

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
@Nowback: Regarding your auto-scan (which is dated 2020.12.27), some amateur observations that I hope might help:

As a starting point for analysis - perhaps you could categorize the bevy of DTC s into "current" and "historic". The are lots of "aged" DTC s with low Fault Frequency values (many have the value "1") in your auto-scan. This means for many of the DTC s, the fault has not re-appeared on any subsequent ignition cycle after the record date. I suspect that chasing these faults might be somewhat of a red herring!!

If you discount the "aged" DTC s - this leaves the relatively few errors dated 2020.12.22. Most of these are about faults related to the car's voltage rail ("low voltage" error messages). Clearly this was the day that the "headlights were left on till battery went dead" and I suspect the day when the charger was connected to the car.

It's really up to you, but given the above, are you sure that you want to pursue the matter of chasing faults? Perhaps you may have other priorities and maybe the better approach might be to wait and see if problems reappear- only a suggestion?

Don

Last edited:

Nowback

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=146868
Well as aforementioned have your friend do what is proper huh? ;)

So you didn't save a scan and you also didn't search configurations online that are similar, nor have an SVM done or observe actual tracks/components yet, so what are you expecting here someone to hold your hand for you?

When you did outputs did you test them at the module directly isolated to rule out yet or are you going to check such a simple circuit at device/consumers?

What about fuses or checking cigarette lighter/aux B+ for a tip coin?

Are not most VW owners in a State of Disillusion?

difficult for an owner or anyone for that matter to do anything with these cars. cant even get vw to to say which fuse is actually for the int lights
they are supposed to be able to supply that info based on the vin. nope just tried.

as shown above vcds saved the scan for me and it is posted above, aso for the svm the guy is trying to avoid ridiculous costs at the dealer.

correct i did an output test observing no lights like i said i am helping out a guy, i am not to excited about doing anymore than just that...

as stated above fuses were checked and yes the cig lighter is working , no coins can get in there because he has a dash cam plugged in
(tip coin? since the cig plug is the size it is only a penny or dime could fit, maybe a nickel, how cheap are you to be tipping with those? ):p

disillusioned,,, sadly it seems vw is creating a lot of this sort of thing

<the castle lights are growing dim>

anyone else out there with ideas??

Nowback

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=146868
@Nowback: Regarding your auto-scan (which is dated 2020.12.27), some amateur observations that I hope might help:

As a starting point for analysis - perhaps you could categorize the bevy of DTC s into "current" and "historic". The are lots of "aged" DTC s with low Fault Frequency values (many have the value "1") in your auto-scan. This means for many of the DTC s, the fault has not re-appeared on any subsequent ignition cycle after the record date. I suspect that chasing these faults might be somewhat of a red herring!!

If you discount the "aged" DTC s - this leaves the relatively few errors dated 2020.12.22. Most of these are about faults related to the car's voltage rail ("low voltage" error messages). Clearly this was the day that the "headlights were left on till battery went dead" and I suspect the day when the charger was connected to the car.

It's really up to you, but given the above, are you sure that you want to pursue the matter of chasing faults? Perhaps you may have other priorities and maybe the better approach might be to wait and see if problems reappear- only a suggestion?

Don
faults were cleared and no codes have reappeared
time will tell if anything shows up and will go from there

Nowback

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=146868
vw dealer is always so helpful.
i called with dealer i have an account with to ask for the fuse locations based on the vin. for the interior lights.
i was told that they unable to do that :rolleyes:
the owner if the car had better luck calling another dealer and was told either #7 or #8
he tested and the fuses are fine in these slots but there is no power to them at all key on or off..
i assume these fuses are fed power from the j519 ?

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
Had a look at the WD. All the interior lights are fed directly by the J519 with no fuses between them.

The issue with this given fuse number info is that VW distinguishes between at least 3 seperate fuse boxes (SA, SB and SC), all of which have their fuse numbers starting with 1 and going up to 40-50 in one case. Fuse 7 (SC7) in side of dashboard fusebox is fusing the rear plate lights between the J519 and the rotary light switch - not related. Fuse SC8 is also unrelated - washer pump. Fuse SB7 is related to the engine.

So this is a bit of a pickle. The J519 should throw a fault but its not. I'd venture a guess the J519 may be broken.

Nowback

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=146868
Had a look at the WD. All the interior lights are fed directly by the J519 with no fuses between them.

The issue with this given fuse number info is that VW distinguishes between at least 3 seperate fuse boxes (SA, SB and SC), all of which have their fuse numbers starting with 1 and going up to 40-50 in one case. Fuse 7 (SC7) in side of dashboard fusebox is fusing the rear plate lights between the J519 and the rotary light switch - not related. Fuse SC8 is also unrelated - washer pump. Fuse SB7 is related to the engine.

So this is a bit of a pickle. The J519 should throw a fault but its not. I'd venture a guess the J519 may be broken.
kind of what i thought which is why i originally asked if that function is coded, thinking it lost its coding a due to the pulses of the " smart charger " on a dead battery.
but i cant find anything regarding coding for the j519 and the interior lights