A1 bi-xenon headlight coding

Asim

Reaction score
I’ve recently installed bi-xenon on my 2014 Audi a1 1.6 tdi I have purchased the adapter loom and connected the wires for the xenon shutter to the body control module. the drl start to flicker and the hi beam doesn’t work. I’ve tried coding the headlight but the coding wouldn’t stay and when you go back in to the long code helper, the box for bi- xenon with out additional hi beam is ain’t selected. does any have any ideas to what is causing this problem.

Asim

Reaction score
I don’t have vcds as I had to get a friend to come over and try to code the lights with his vcds. What information do you need?

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
An autoscan please

• Agree
Reactions: Uwe

Viking

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=151455
As said above, an Autoscan from your car with VCDS is required. The forum is run by Ross Tech to provide support to users of their product, so the minimum requirement is to provide an autoscan. It really doesn't matter what the reason is for not supplying an autoscan. It's what is needed.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Does any body know why the long coding isnt changin?
Without seeing an Auto-Scan we can't help, not all A1 are configured the same so we don't know what's possible on your particular A1 without seeing one.

Get your friend to do the Auto-Scan then either email the text file that VCDS saves to you or copy it onto a USB stick, then you can post it here - preferably using the </> icon in the forum editor.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Does any body know why the long coding isnt changin?
@Asim: If you are asking this question, then clearly you have access to a diagnostic tool. If you are posting your question on the Ross-Tech forum, then it's reasonable to expect that said diagnostic tool is of Ross-Tech origin

These 2 x logical conclusions would suggest that the requested auto-scan should be as easy to make as pressing the Auto-Scan button on the VCDS screen below and then press Start

mainscreen01.png

I can’t get a auto scan
See above