My Audi App service interval

Mel_w

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=426649
Hi All
I have reset my service interval on My 2019 Audi A1 and MMI shows 368 days left on service interval
but the my Audi App on my phone still reads the old value of 90 days
does anyone know where the App gets the value from on synchronising with the car ?
Regards
Mel

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
@Mel_w: Hi. I'm certainly not an expert on the Audi App, but I seriously doubt that it is designed to remotely interrogate the base service interval settings in each car.

More than likely, I would expect that the facility works on the assumption that every App user follows Audi's standard operating process - which means a visit to an authorized dealer for each service (and the payment of an outrageous amount of money for the privilege).

My suspicion is that the App is integrated into the dealer network and that it gets it's service reset signal from the dealer's servicing records - which means of course that mavericks who depart from the standard operating procedure (and use other means for their service) don't have the synchronizing facility.

If I'm correct, the principal question is: is it worth paying Audi a cost approaching the annual budget for a small African nation for the yearly service to get the synchronization? Hint: probably not!!:D

Don

Reactions: Uwe

Mel_w

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=426649
Hi Don thanks for the reply
it does appear that the service values may come from the dealer data
But the app reads realtime fuel levels ,mileage; status etc from the car (when you synch it )through audi connect service so i wasnt sure
Regards
Mel

Back