Newbie with ID.3 EV need service indicator reset

John-Charles

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=315039
My VW ID.3 was delivered with 360 days 10,000 miles until the first service shown in the settings/service screen.
This should be 720 days and/or 20,000 miles.
I could go back to the dealer to correct it, but I thought I might as well try it myself first since I have the hardware to do it.
Unfortunately, either I don’t know how, the instructions are wrong or the VCDS software is not ready for ID.3's yet.

Anyone kind enough to give me a helping hand?

This is what I did.
On the home screen, select "SRI reset", I get this error
"No label file available for this ECU: 10A 920 320 B" Please make sure you are using the latest version...
I am on version 20.12.0

I also tried the manual method by following these instructions
When I got to the screen to enter channel: 02
The pulldown list showed a few hundred choices many beginning with IDEnnnn-...., none with just 02 or words to suggest a change to the service interval.

This is where I am stuck. Any help appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Jacek

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=360566
I would not be confused with it - guarantee. The service interval was shortened because this car is still underdeveloped, taking into account the number of errors in the scans posted by the owners of their new cars.

Mari

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=150535
Go see the dealer... there are software updates for the ID3...

Gizmo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=49193
Go see the dealer... there are software updates for the ID3...

They are (in the UK at least) not offering updates unless the car is showing signs of issues.

TBH they will invite you in for an update in February / March, which by then will also include the OTA patch so the car can be updated remotely.

So by all means ring them up if you have serious issues that are preventing you from using the car, otherwise bide your time.

NEtech

VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56995
My VW ID.3 was delivered with 360 days 10,000 miles until the first service shown in the settings/service screen.
There is no miles limit for service, in Europe.
What is showed, when you press "Car" > "Status" > "Service" on your infotainment screen?

John-Charles

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=315039
https://flic.kr/p/2kiG2CK I'm guessing the dealer wants to make a quick buck or may be a genuine mistake.
Other ID.3 owners are saying it should be 2 years 20K miles

John-Charles

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=315039
They are (in the UK at least) not offering updates unless the car is showing signs of issues.

TBH they will invite you in for an update in February / March, which by then will also include the OTA patch so the car can be updated remotely.

So by all means ring them up if you have serious issues that are preventing you from using the car, otherwise bide your time.
No issues yet. Fingers crossed/touch wood etc...
Just posting here to see if I could change the service reminder myself using my VCDS.

NEtech

VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56995
I'm guessing the dealer wants to make a quick buck or may be a genuine mistake.
Other ID.3 owners are saying it should be 2 years 20K miles
It is a mistake, my car is only showing days (705), no mileage.
10000 miles and 1 year, is only for " Hot countries" and/or " Dusty countries", so either is your car made as such or need update/correction.
It is not possible to reset or change service data with VCDS, as it is for now.
There are adaptation data in [5F], but they are not changing, they are static and you would not be able to change them, because of the new SFD.

John-Charles

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=315039
It is a mistake, my car is only showing days (705), no mileage.
10000 miles and 1 year, is only for " Hot countries" and/or " Dusty countries", so either is your car made as such or need update/correction.
It is not possible to reset or change service data with VCDS, as it is for now.
There are adaptation data in [5F], but they are not changing, they are static and you would not be able to change them, because of the new SFD.
OK, thanks.
Shame it cant be changed. It's not even a safety system that one shouldn’t touch.
I will try and get it changed by the dealer when they call me in for the infamous update.