Resetting the VCDS screen size

Trade Member

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=271231
Sorry to ask this but I have changed my PC now with a 32" monitor and the VCDS is too large on screen. I have forgot how to adjust screen view sizes. Help please.

morris39

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=395084
This page explains it. https://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/option_screen.php It is in the Options section from the front page, under the User Interface and Identification tab. Window size is what you need to change.
I had a similar issue but in the other direction ie from 15.6 to 13" screen and the display was too large but could not adjuated using confirguration selection on the options page (the std method). I deleted the config file in VCDS folder an then successfully used the std method. It is also possible to delete the config file with interface connected to the car by clicking on the VCDS symbol in upper left hand corner, then delete config from drop down menu. That was th R-T suggestion.
Do you plan to use your 32" monitor in the car?:) Wow.

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
Click the upper left corner and You will see... :cool:

NdY2Iaz.jpg

Trade Member

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=271231
I had a similar issue but in the other direction ie from 15.6 to 13" screen and the display was too large but could not adjuated using confirguration selection on the options page (the std method). I deleted the config file in VCDS folder an then successfully used the std method. It is also possible to delete the config file with interface connected to the car by clicking on the VCDS symbol in upper left hand corner, then delete config from drop down menu. That was th R-T suggestion.
Do you plan to use your 32" monitor in the car?:) Wow.

I have a professional mobile workshop setup so that I can read on screen live data while working at a distance under the bonnet. The mobile workshop station also carries out multiple other functions, i.e PicoScope, NVH, etc

Trade Member

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=271231
Getting back to the original question about adjusting screen sizes. I have managed to carryout the function but I thought it was a bit long winded keep going back and force, closing software down and then reopening and then readjusting when not correct on screen size. Would it not be much easier if after a software update and a test of the relevant port(s), i.e. USB that the user could then select the menu and move the cursor to expand the screen size, but at the same time observe the size ratio changes live instead of having to keep shutting down, rebooting, re- testing the ports, and then re-configuring etc. Seems a lot of unnecessary work to me.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Would it not be much easier if after a software update and a test of the relevant port(s), i.e. USB that the user could then select the menu and move the cursor to expand the screen size, but at the same time observe the size ratio changes live instead of having to keep shutting down, rebooting, re- testing the ports, and then re-configuring etc. Seems a lot of unnecessary work to me.
The re-testing of the ports is only necessary if you make it so big that you can't adjust the screen-size downward again. Pro-tip: Don't do that. Increase it incrementally.

-Uwe-

Trade Member

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=271231
Thanks but that did not seem to work on this occasion. When I closed the system and rebooted nothing changed, however, each time I did a test on the USB port the software seemed to allow me to continue.

Back