VW Passat B7 parking sensor fault

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2010 Passat with front and rear parking sensors and the side parking assist sensors.

The front right hand side parking assist sensor is not working which makes the entire parking sensor system not work. I am not worried about the parallel parking assist function, I just want the parking sensors to work.

Anyway, VCDS says the front right sensor is open circuit/short to ground. This sensor doesn't click either. I swapped it with the left hand side one, the sensor works over there. I have tested the voltage from pin 1 to 3 and get about 12v, and also about 12v from pin 1 to 2, which seems similar to the other sensors. So I'm not really sure what is going on.

Anyway, is there any way of coding out the parallel park function so I can just have the standard front 4 and rear 4 sensors operating for manually parking.

Thanks in advance

Craig

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Anyway, is there any way of coding out the parallel park function so I can just have the standard front 4 and rear 4 sensors operating for manually parking.
To answer that (and maybe help with the sensor problem) we'll need to see a full unedited VCDS Auto-Scan of your Passat.

Reactions: Uwe
Reaction score
Hi,

I haven't done or saved a full AutoScan on the car, I just looked into module 10 (park steer assist) and got the fault from there.

I don't really want to code out the park assist, I'd rather fix the sensor fault, but I can't seem to see any difference between the voltages on the right hand side sensor compared to the left hand side one. Coding out was going to be a quick fix for me. Is it even possible to code out?

Craig

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Coding out was going to be a quick fix for me. Is it even possible to code out?
Not all 2010 Passat's have the same hardware and software modules, so without knowing exactly what your Passat has it's impossible to answer, hence the need for an Auto-Scan :thumbs:

• Agree
Reactions: Uwe
Reaction score
Thanks Petrol Dave, is this any good...

Code:
Removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not acceptable here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just had a bit of a read about the parking assist modules on a few websites, didn't realise how many different models there are!!!

As I said previously, it would be nice to actually fix the sensor instead of coding it out (if that's even possible), but my quick test on the wiring seemed to show the same readings as the other side working one. Anyway, hopefully the module I have could have the parallel park thing coded out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001