Soundactor Quelched- audi S3 8V snd Debug File

morris39

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=395084
Reduced noise volume from 100->0% using Module A9 Adaptations. That was the only available adaptation option. The screen said channel IDE04472 but I cannot find that channel elsewhere, not that it matters.
The sound is more pleasing to my ear as the pitch rises with revs as it should. It is only now that I realize that the unpleasant effect was the unnaturally low and constant pitch.
For the first time went into Debug/ Adaptations which indicates the above mod as a line entry. But it seems that the line entry is an attempt and not actual change. Previously an attempt to adapt brake boost level failed for lack of security access code. A later attempt succeeded with help from the forum however the failed attempts are recorded exactly the same as the good one except for date/time. Is that the expectation?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Is that the expectation?
Yes, that's a known quirk. The only way to know if a change to an Adaptation channel was actually accepted is to re-read the channel.

-Uwe-

morris39

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=395084
Yes, that's a known quirk. The only way to know if a change to an Adaptation channel was actually accepted is to re-read the channel.

-Uwe-
Thank you.