2004 Touareg Dash Warning Light

Davethewave1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=386480
Hi Everyone,

My wife was driving our 2004 V6 3.2L Touareg today and this picture appeared on her display.

Sorry; I'm having trouble getting the imgur.com picture to work through the add image button.

Recently, I had to replace a headlight and I did it without any trouble. The usual bulb indicator light came on the dash (looks like a lit up light bulb) and went off as expected when I replaced the blown bulb.

My questions is...what does this strange picture mean? Since I replaced a headlight bulb recently is this telling me that the headlight assembly is loose because I did NOT lock it down properly?

Sorry I don't have an auto scan because my wife texted me this picture. I will scan it when I get home from work.

Thanks, Dave

Davethewave1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=386480
Oh yeah, the trunk was open at the time of the picture. Please ignore.

Jef

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
In red, looks like the rear lid is open (or it thinks it is unlatched). In amber, you are missing the giant bolt that goes on the right rear of the car... if you don't have a giant bolt to install, then go tighten the gas cap because it thinks the gas cap is loose.

Davethewave1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=386480
Gotcha.
Its a picture of the gas cap. I thought it might be trying to indicate the headlight assembly because you can see the other headlight in the pic.

Thanks!!!