Touareg 7L Cruise control issue

mirceamunteanu91

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=389398
Hi guys,

A have a friend with a 2007 7l, 3.0 TDI automatic gbox and his CC is not working. He checked all the switches with vcds in measuring blocks and everything works and he doesn't have any faults.

The issues is that when he presses SET, the CC speed on the display increases, but it doesn't hold the speed.

Told him to phisically check the brake switch, but when he opened up the panels he saw that it doesn't have one, so it picks the signal from the brake pump sensors.

What else can he check?

Thanks everyone!

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Hi,

It would really help us to know the details of the Touareg. Would it be possible to get an autoscan and then to post it here? The autoscan tells us a lot more than just fault information. It tells us the configuration of this Touareg.

How to post an Auto-Scan

mirceamunteanu91

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=389398
The thing is... I don't have access to the car and my friend only has a clone vcds. Would I be allowed to post a clone autoscan?

Jef

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
:facepalm: no.

• Agree
Reactions: Uwe

mirceamunteanu91

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=389398
Can you give me any pointers? I know that usually these fault occur when the brake/clutch switches don't work, but in this case I don't know what the next steps should be.

Jef

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Have your friend come over w/beer & pizza so you can run a full Auto-Scan and then post the results. There might be some DTCs that offer clues. Bonus points if you show photos of you hammer smashing his clone.

I don't know off the top of my head specifically where to look for [XYZ] data on many different topics. While I've been in this game for +20 years now, I don't have things committed to memory. However, in most cases once I see an Auto-Scan, I can figure where where to look.

mirceamunteanu91

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=389398
I would do that, the problem is that I am in a different country 😂.

I'll dig up the www a bit more to see if I can find something related.

Thank you!

Back