First Post... CCM Controller 35

lks6778

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=420228
First time posting, I just fired up VCDS for the first time, not sure where to post this.
I have a 2001 Audi TT Coupe with a CCM that is behaving badly.
My dome lights are acting strange, key FOB stopped working, trunk & gas lid actuators stopped working (but then came back a day later), the LEDs on my doors are always blinking all the time (as if the alarm is armed).
I went to Controller #35 and here is what I see.

For VAG Number it just says "8N"... shouldn't it show the whole VAG number? (which is 8N8 962 267A )
Should Soft Coding be "00000"?

Does this mean my CCM is broken? Anyone know what the failure mode on a Coupe CCM is (water ingress is common on other Audi CCMs but on my coupe it is nowhere near water).
I am an electronics engineer so If I knew what to do I probably could fix it.....

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Please post a full unedited VCDS Auto-Scan, we need that to see how your car is equipped.

On some modules coding being 0 is normal, but we need that Auto-Scan to see if this is the case on your TT.

UK-IanC

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
uC-2H
Does this mean my CCM is broken? Anyone know what the failure mode on a Coupe CCM is (water ingress is common on other Audi CCMs but on my coupe it is nowhere near water).
Have you fished it out to take a look? VAG boot (aka "trunk") spaces seem to be the next best place to gather water after the front foot wells :(. A scrub with IPA and fibre glass pencil have got them working again for others.

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Have you fished it out to take a look? VAG boot (aka "trunk") spaces seem to be the next best place to gather water after the front foot wells :(. A scrub with IPA and fibre glass pencil have got them working again for others.
Yep, CCM issues on those ~20 year old cars are common. But IPA? Don't you think a nice Lager would leave less residue? ;)

-Uwe-

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
But IPA? Don't you think a nice Lager would leave less residue? ;)
I suspect IanC means IsoPropylAlcohol not India Pale Ale :D

Between electronics engineers that's how we refer to Isopropyl Alcohol.

Reactions: Uwe

UK-IanC

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
uC-2H
Yep, CCM issues on those ~20 year old cars are common. But IPA? Don't you think a nice Lager would leave less residue? ;)

-Uwe-
Now you have my taste buds tingling...

lks6778

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=420228
Update! I stayed up until 1am last night reading Audi forums about CCMs and I found where someone posted their TT CCM Soft Coding was 15884, so I entered that and suddenly things seemed to operate normally!
Except for my key FOB remote still does not work.
However, for VAG Number it still just says "8N" (instead of "8N8 962 267A" ).
Just a guess, but something happened to my CCM and the memory got wiped??? WSC # was also 00000... does it matter what that number is or can it be anything?
Is it possible for me to fix the VAG Number using VCDS?
Next I need to figure out how to synchronize my key(s) to the CCM.
No, I have not taken my CCM out yet. It is mounted on the side of the car behind drivers seat, next to CD Player, and I see no possible way water could get anywhere near it. I will take it out though and inspect it this week. I will also post a full VCDS Scan.

Last question: Is it possible for me to take the CCM out and communicate with it on a lab bench? What is the electronic signal specification? What does KW1281 mean?
Thank you for any help!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001