retro fitting MIB2 issues. label redirect to CLB files?

madmacka

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=415075
Can a redirect to a clb file be done? and does the clb file contain the adaptation channel information ?

long story short.
car:
Australian delivered 2019 octavia rs 180 ( same as the 245 but with out most of the options)
VCDS cable v2 USB 3 vin enthusiast.

Car came with the virtual cockpit but couldn't be optioned with the MIB2 system so i have opted to retro fit.
I bought a MIB2 high unit (565 035 045b) online that had the CP removed and firmware updated to 2020 and 2020 maps with FEc's enabled.

the unit works and the CP has been removed, but the unit reports it self as a 5e0 035 045b (mib1)?? in VCDS and on the units display yet the units casing which looks as though it hasn't been tampered with displays the 565 035 045b MIB2
also the MIB2 adaptation channels that do display for menu manipulation in VCDS are configurable .I'm also assuming the wrong part number is being reported by the firmware as some by-product of the hacking done.

What I am wanting to do is configure it for use with the virtual dash which none of the needed adaption channels are being displayed. ie. Dashboard_Display_Configuration
So does anyone one know if a redirection to a CLB will work to enable the channels I need to configure the Virtual Cockpit display.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
does the clb file contain the adaptation channel information
On modules using the UDS protocol, which all MIB modules use, the answer is no. Adaptation channels are specified in the .ROD files.

The reason you have no label file is that the SW part number that your 5F/J794 reports is "5E0 000 045 B". The middle triplet '000' strikes me as implausible.

-Uwe-

PS: Link to thread with Auto-Scan for context: