New user, new to VCDS, instrument cluster makes me want to set my car on fire!!!!!

Becosemsaida

Pirate
Reaction score
Hi all,

My name is Becosemsaida, i'm from Portugal and have a VW Passat GTE from 2015. I like the car but there is something driving me crazy, bought a VCDS cable and am using the latest software from here. Still trying to figure out what does what and how to do but i'm getting there.

So my problem is this: i have 2 keys and they both work, a few weeks ago my wife used her key and there was a warning message that the instrument cluster is damaged "visit workshop" and i get the error "malfunction" where the GOM used to be. Its a digital cluster (Passat B8, GTE, 2015). Now i use generic software to diagnose my car and there were no errors.

Recently bought a VCDS cable and hooked it up and there was an error that says "checksum error, no base values", after checking the WWW it seems that i need to reflash the module so it will asume basic settings, so far so good. Now the funny thing is besides the "malfunction" warning on the cluster everything works as it should, no errors found in VCDS besides the missing base data.

I already read and are still learning about this VCDS system, pretty easy and forwarding as long as you save and dedicate full atention to it, and i found the "recoding" tab, what i am missing is the base values file since mine is corrupted (so it seems). Is there a way to solve this, where can i get the base files (members, online??) this is for a european spec car. Other thing i have no checked yet is the warrantee, long shot i know, maybe it is covered??

I have some knowledge of coding pc's and ECU's but that all works if i have the basics to build on.

Hope someone can help me with this, it's easy to take it to the stealership and spend a lot of money but that is not my way of living........

Beco

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Becosemsaida

Pirate
Reaction score
Here is the full auto scan:

Code:
Removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not acceptable here.
And here is the module specific one (i think this is the only one that has access):

Code:
Removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not acceptable here.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001