Feature request please

Andy4k6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=334192
Hi All,

I would like to put forward a feature request if possible.

I use the system regularly and the times and dates are a massive help to me however, when looking back at the reports I have no idea what time the vehicle clock (or wherever the modules get the info from) was set to at the time of inspection, this being the case it would be a huge advantage for the system to record the time from the vehicle system that has been used for the time / data information not just the PC time and date.

I would really appreciate if this could be considered for a future update.

Many thanks

Andy

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Hi Andy. We'd love to know where the modules get the time and date information too! We think it is set at the factory or at the module manufacturer.

I'm pretty sure VAG did not give a means for a diagnostic process to change the dates in modules. Perhaps others will have more to say on this ..

I also think this has been asked before and our response has to be that "Windmills do not work that way" - at least not the German VAG ones. ;)

Andy4k6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=334192
Hi Bruce,

Thank you for the response, from my own testing it appears that most (if not all) of the times and dates are supplied via the vehicle clock.

I have found when intentionally introducing a fault on a MK 7.5 Golf I can alter the date and time which is recorded just by changing the vehicle clock, additionally if you have a vehicle which has had the battery disconnected, when you reconnect the battery the newer vehicles retain the date when the battery was disconnected but reset the time to 00:00.

I hope this is a little help

Many thanks

Andy