Audi A6 4F battery chranging issue

janek555

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=213770 (NRRT)
Hi, i have problem with A6 3.0tdi, during the drive, the battery voltage is achieve max. 13,7V if no electrical components are on, never more.
After switching on heating of seats and rear glass the voltage is around 12,5V. I checked and brushed all power contacts near battery and alternator, also i changed alternator regulator to new today and the behavior is the same. Where can be problem?

log1.pnglog2.pnglog2.pnglog4.png
on the charts are voltage request (red), voltage actual (green), dynamic field signal (yellow), the alternator exciter signal is ugly and abnormal i think and never rises over 50%. It looks like alternator has no power potential.

Last edited:

janek555

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=213770 (NRRT)
also i captured voltage ripples, the first is from another A6 3.0tdi where charging is OK, second is from my car. The fipple is similar, but the frequency of pulses is 10x lower on my car.

Attachments

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Have you measured the voltage drop between the alternator and the battery, and between the battery and the other parts of the car?

-Uwe-

janek555

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=213770 (NRRT)
of course, it was forst think that i checked and the voltage drop was in acceptable range few tenths milivolts, also i measuret directly on alternator

janek555

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=213770 (NRRT)
can someone put the waveforms of the bat voltage and dynamic filed signal of alternator to compare please?