Convert Virtual Speedometer from MPH to Km/h?

Theledger

Reaction score
Hi all - I have a 2018 VW Tiguan SEL with the Virtual Cockpit and may be moving from the USA to Canada (nothing to do with the election - pls, no politics) and was wondering if any of you have tried to change the units on the main digital dial using the tool? I had read on some thread elsewhere that changing the country in the vehicle’s system from USA to Canada may do the trick.

I don’t want to change the needle location or anything exotic like that. Just want the main dial units to switch.

In the vehicle’s interface, the only thing I can do is get a digital readout of Km/h in the bottom of the dial.

Hawkeye9723

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=389466
I don't think you need anything special to do this. I was messing around with my 2019 Tiguan with the Virtual Cockpit. I set up a 2nd driver profile and it defaulted everything to Metric. I had to go into the menu on the radio and change the setting from Kilometers to Miles. That changed the dials on the virtual cockpit.

Theledger

Reaction score
I tried that and it didn’t work. I think VW upgraded the Virtual Cockpit for 2019. That’s why I think it may need a country change.

Hawkeye9723

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=389466
You are correct, I have the upgraded version of the Virtual Cockpit that they started installing in later 2019s. I'm kinda bummed since the earlier version seems to have some additional things that can be changed with coding.