2009 Audi A6 attempted scan but will not connect

Duane M

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=422634
I have an A6 that does nothing when I insert the key. After research it looks like I have a module in the steering column that's the issue which lead me to purchase Ross-tech devise to clear code's and wake the car. I attempted the recommended process a few times but never got the codes to register at all. Has anyone had this happen ? Looking for possible routes to take as the car is not responding. ...... Thank you in advance

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
A bad steering column module will prevent many things from powering up, but it will not prevent communications with the CAN Gateway or the KESSY module.

Check the basics: Battery good? Fuses?

-Uwe-

Duane M

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=422634
A bad steering column module will prevent many things from powering up, but it will not prevent communications with the CAN Gateway or the KESSY module.

Check the basics: Battery good? Fuses?

-Uwe-
Went through battery and fuses all good ... it was intermittent issue at first... now I get nothing from inserting key . Still have power , lights work, interior lights, seat controls but no dash lights, radio or MMI counsil which usually become active just by inserting the key. I run the scanner and get zero feedback.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Check power at CAN Gateway module.

-Uwe-