MIB PQ Colour

GXCars

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=248011
I have a question regarding the above unit, I’m picking up a newer 2016 caddy this week that has the standard small screen colour screen on it, the dealer says app connect cannot be enabled and the unit doesn’t have navigation

so I’m faced with possibly having to retrofit a MIB PQ unit, the CP and fec aren’t an issue as I know someone who can enable that for me but the price of the units secondhand are very exoensive

however if I get a Skoda unit they are a third the price of the VW unit, I don’t care if it says welcome to Skoda when it boots but the illumination is green not red

does anyone know if this is hardware or software controlled and if it’s possible to either programme via VCDS or flash the VW software into the Skoda unit

I would post a scan but don’t have either the new van or the other unit as yet

thanks in advance

AINils

VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
If you know how to patch, you should know how to convert Skoda Software to VW Software, then only button are wrong

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
...which you then have to desolder and exchange for some red ones.

GXCars

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=248011
My soldering leaves a bit to be desired !

I was hoping someone was gonna say the LED colour was software controlled as it is on the aftermarket stuff

CineXMike

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=222249
Where are you based? I still have a Composition Media PQ laying around. No navigation but does have App-Connect.