2013 Audi S7 transmission slipping/rough shifts

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Bring up is not the thread public record?

Do the links work from EPA portal or Audi for publicly disseminated FOIA to read email and print to be facilitated, showing the vicarious trail of bread crumbs?

Have you read part 86 of the CAA yet & under title 40 for "useful life" yet or other aforementioned questions & did you research the definitions or the deal with the OEM and US Government, "they" made in consideration to provide "You" the consumer with such a warranty extension, well did you?

Did you start a customer care record # with Audi directly by email & so with date and time stamps are preserved like a pickle jar and if you do speak verbally, are you not going to be wearing and recording the conversation if permitted and if smart asking for written clarification on everything with good service?

Did you ask for EPA FTC DMV guidance and copy them in your communications or are you going to?

Did you know if you request a written answer under the CAA & that if the OEM fails to advise of why a AECD certified part failure is not under warranty in a specific time in writing, that the repair requirement and all comporting claims you have are covered?

Are not these questions helpful, because you do realize this is not legal advice and you should consult a lawyer for a consultation & if that is what you seek, RRRRRRight?

If for some reason You are a vicarious agent of the VWGoA group or in Concert are you shitting your pants yet?

Did you JPPSG?

:popcorn:

Last edited:

SaabSquad

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=414452
ok so i guess I will just go and grab service history and consult with a lawyer:D appreciate everything you've provided me with jack, I really do

SaabSquad

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=414452
looks like you have loads of pressure faults, this is probably worn out pressure solanoids which is a common issue and new for you seems to be the solanoids that control the gear selectors,

based off these fault here:

23682 - Shift Fork 2
P284E 00 [237] - Uncommanded Movement

as for this fault :

Clutch Pressure Adaptation
P1741 00 [032] - Limit Reached

put the Ignition on, Engine off and read the Clutch pressure 1 & 2 values In actual values, both should be very close to zero as possible, sometimes ive seen residual pressure of about 0.1 bar but mostly i see 0.0x Bar or even -0.x bar.

If you see something close to or over 1 bar eg. 0.8 bar then the pressure sensors on the TCU are gone, you'll also notice corrosion on the brass housings of the sensors, in which case the TCU will need replacement so that means either the whole Mechatronic or a long process of replacing the TCU with an identical one , and getting the component protection done etc....

replacing the whole mechatronic will solve all the listed issues, Assuming the clutches were infact new and fitted correctly

if you're interested in the write up on how the solenoids get worn etc you can find that below

I just scanned live, double zeros on both. So if that is the case do you think a new mech would fix the problems based on the codes?

naushad2982

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=58306
yes

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
SaabSquad , HI, I just wanted to bring to your attention, since you have had some back and forth with Jack:

SaabSquad

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=414452
Hey so I just put the new mech in and tried running adaptation procedures and clutch valve and main valve calibrations are "aborting safety reasons". Any clue as to why it was doing that? It was at proper temp when I started the procedures so I'm confused as to what's wrong.

chevysaab

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=414452
car and transmission are running great , install rebuilt mechatronic from maktrans and then new clutch assembly from audi . had a problem with adaptations for safety reasons but finally adapted after clearing engine and transmission codes , no more bucking and jerking into gears and really smooth now. i have old mechatronic and clutch assembly if anyone wants a core to rebuild
thanks for the help

Back