Car had midline slip ring but scrapper tells me it should have been highline originally

Orchid70

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=354348
HI
I need to change it due to horn not working and now the Airbag worning light is on - fault code for drivers airbag.
I took out the slip ring - so cannot take scan out of the car at the moment.
When I call the scrapper - they can check the original parts - she says the car was originally mounted with 5K0953569H and NOT with the one that was in the car 5K0953569C.
The car is manual - no multi function steering wheel.
The scrapper did not have 5K0953569C - but they had 5K0953569AF (same functions as the one mounted on the car).
Car:
Skoda Octavia II, 1,4 TSi, -12
Engine CAXA
VIN: TMBGJ61Z3C2031618
What slip ring to choose?
Thanks!

Jef

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hey hey!

Please post a full Auto-Scan when asking for assistance:
https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK1lK5DRNcg

I would suggest you have the original Steering Wheel Electronics plugged up so you can grab data from it. As per PL24, the VIN you listed, the new part # would be 5K0 953 569 AL. As for going with used parts... please read this post!

I don't know how the scrapper scene is in Konungariket Sverige , but here in the US, they have what I could called a "janky" parts catalog, it isn't all that great and it leads to issues of scrapper saying in good faith [XYZ] part number it good for your car when in fact it isn't.

Orchid70

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=354348
Hey - thanks!
I think thats the case with the scrappers data. Their suggestion was so far off!!
I called the stealer and he told med the new part is called as you said 5K0 953 569 AL.
And I have desided that the best thing is, to put in a new part. Even if the owner had to "borrow" money from dad =)

Reactions: Uwe

Orchid70

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=354348
Just want to tell that everything went fine with the 5K0 953 569 AL slip ring.
Didnt need anything else but coding to the old codes - erazing fault codes. And that was it.
Found this video for those who never done it - what I had not done, so it was nice to have as support:

THANKS Jef!!!!