Interface not found ERROR

BOSCO2020

Unverified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
Anyone have any idea of how to fix " interface not found" error when testing the USB port, I'm following all the instructions properly and tried a lot of other things I saw on this and other forums but still no luck, it's literally driving me crazy, must of uninstalled and reinstalled a hundred times, any help on this would be greatly appreciated, it's also a brand new hex - v2 genuine Ross tech, green led comes on when connected to laptop and shows in connected devices

Mike R

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126524
There are a couple of possibilities.

The interface could be faulty. What is the serial number on the label of the interface? (H11-?????? or H12-??????). If you bought from Ross-Tech directly, I can check if you're eligible for a warranty replacement. Alternatively, it could be a faulty USB Wire, any USB A to B wire would work for this.

BOSCO2020

Unverified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
Hi, it's a H10 device, I bought it from a vendor here in Ireland, ya I'm aware that any cable will do, just have to get one and test it, but its doubtful as the unit is recognised in everything else besides the vcds app, thanks

BOSCO2020

Unverified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
Sorry its a H10-000000 I didn't include it at first because I assume there are always 6 zeros after the H10 and so on?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
There is no legitimate interface with H10-000000 printed on the label. But this is really quite common on illegally pirated clones. ;)

-Uwe-

BOSCO2020

Unverified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
Nice, partly guessed something was up, I had my suspicions at first and should of looked into shit properly as I'm new enough to volkswagen audi etc, I can get the serial number after I install the download not that I even think it's any bit legit 🙄, if I send this no. to you tomorrow could you look it up and let me know? this seller has nothing but good reviews and is selling a shit load of them, "will send you the link", I'm very rarely stung when buying anything and ain't letting this slide, thanks in advance

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Sorry its a H10-000000 I didn't include it at first because I assume there are always 6 zeros after the H10 and so on?
There is no legitimate interface with H10-000000 printed on the label. But this is really quite common on illegally pirated clones. ;)
I can get the serial number after I install the download
The licence is held in the hardware interface not the software, so the serial number shown in the software doesn't matter - as the hardware serial number is 000000 that's 100% proof that you have been sold an illegal pirate cable.

When you've purchased an offical cable from Ross-Tech or a distributor just download the software from the Ross-Tech website (and remember updates are free for as long as you own the genuine cable).

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
The licence is held in the hardware interface not the software, so the serial number shown in the software doesn't matter
Actually the serial number shown in the software comes from the hardware, but in this case, the hardware is a "clone" and the serial number shown by the software will reflect that if one knows what to look for.

-Uwe-