MIB2 Upgrade on MK7 Golf - CP fault code

Fraysa

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=416169
Hey everyone.

I upgraded a MIB2 STD unit on my MK7 Golf (P/N 819) which doesn't support RVC input or AppConnect to a used MIB2 STD (P/N 840) which does have both features.
The unit was hacked and sent to me. I replaced it and copied the adapation map from the old unit to the new one, along with coding.

AppConnect is activated and I haven't noticed any non-working features with the newer unit, however, VCDS still throws up 'Component Protection - Active' fault code on both 5F and 19.

I know that CP means you can't use the unit, but my unit works fine. I assume because it was hacked, but the guy said he will also remove CP but that's obviously isn't the case if the fault codes still show.

What do you think I should do about it? Reading through the search here, some people mention that after CP Removal features like AppConnect or Bluetooth won't work which sucks.

I just hate that the fault codes show up, even though they have no impact on my usage.

Thanks.

dnoermann

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=358118
Whell, you should ask the guy who you payed for doing the Job, that he did not do it correctly.

There are two Options.
1. CP removal was not done, than the Unit will not work after aprox 8 houres
2. CP removal was done, but the Error in 19 and 5F stay with no other effect than beeing an error in your Autoscan

Fraysa

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=416169
I talked to him.

He said the CP was removed from the unit, but in order to remove the CP error from showing I need online coding.

Once again - there is no effect on the usage of the unit, everything works perfectly. I already have it for a few days. I just hate to see the fault code there...

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
That is how most of the hacked units behave. They most commonly use a generic VIN in the MIB so that will flag a CP. It does not affect the functionality but it annoys every time you do an autoscan :D The VIN needs to be adapted to the MIB unit to match your car's VIN.

DO NOT try to remove CP through online connection from hacked unit.

Just live with it.

Fraysa

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=416169
So there is NO workaround for this at all? If not, I'll live with it, but I'm sure there must be something,...

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
So there is NO workaround for this at all? If not, I'll live with it, but I'm sure there must be something,...
Once the unit has been hacked you are stuck with the error - the solution? Spend more and buy a unit that isn't hacked.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Wait, all functionality is working, but the fact that the unit (not VCDS!) throws a CP fault is the only problem here?

I would call that a "first world problem". :D

-Uwe-

ghost

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=139898
There is nothing wrong with wrong, bad or good patch. This is how it works basically. 5F is tricked to not to search for CP but it stills throw the fault in 5F and 19. After hack you can remove CP on 5F with ODIS online and fault will be gone. But just remove CP, dont touch SVM with ODIS as that may wipe codes out of it

Last edited:

AINils

VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
Yeah but for harman and technisat (preh) device, there are patches available which won`t bring fault in 5F, for Delphi I do some research actually

C21008

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=416964
Same is happening to me, I had a P/N 819 (same as you) in my GOLF MK7.

I've just bought a hacked MIB2 P/N 842 unit with APP connect enabled. Same faults are flagged in 5F and 19 modules.

So, I will live with those failures. At least I know those codes are "as per hacked design".

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
1) you should match unit with your car to remove CP
2) enable that function what is available for your VIN
3) patch extra function what is not belong to your vin (can not be enable online)

after that you have your VIN in radio, and no error at all , and all function enable untill you do software update