Ambient light vw passat b8

danbenhamo

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
hi im not sure if its the right category.. but i got a passat b8 2015 and i want to know if someone have any idea which sockets are in the mib connector is the ambient lights?
here is a picture of the quadlock socket.

Attachments

• FFA5800A-15EE-4BE1-A399-0DEC6CBAE0CF.png
    FFA5800A-15EE-4BE1-A399-0DEC6CBAE0CF.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 11

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
@danbenhamo : Hi.

No offense intended, but why do you believe that "ambient lights" (and what do you actually mean by this term) are terminated on the hex5F module on MQB platform vehicles like your B8? The information that I have strongly suggests that the Quadlock connectors on the MIB (the ones in your picture) are ALL about the audio/visual facilities in the vehicle

AFAIK - the BCM is the normal module for such stuff on these cars - I think?

Don

danbenhamo

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score

No offense intended, but why do you believe that "ambient lights" (and what do you actually mean by this term) are terminated on the hex5F module on MQB platform vehicles like your B8? The information that I have strongly suggests that the Quadlock connectors on the MIB (the ones in your picture) are ALL about the audio/visual facilities in the vehicle

Don
i dont know i think its this because today i managed to install on this socket a wireless charger on my b8 so i guessed that the ambient light its also there. and i'm sorry if i don't understand you my english is low...

danbenhamo

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score

Don
so how can i get to the ambient light socket (if i have one) to install in my car?

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
It really depends - again, what precisely do you mean by "the ambient light"?

Officially, the term "ambient light(ing)" in the WD refers to the function that is controlled by the door modules (fitted to the doors). Is this what you mean?

Why don't you start by posting an auto-scan of the car

Don

danbenhamo

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
It really depends - again, what precisely do you mean by "the ambient light"?

Officially, the term "ambient light(ing)" in the WD refers to the function that is controlled by the door modules (fitted to the doors). Is this what you mean?

Why don't you start by posting an auto-scan of the car

Don
oh i sorry i'm not next the car right now. and i mean to this lights.

Attachments

• 672AE6BD-811E-491D-8D28-50A95B4E93B7.jpeg
    672AE6BD-811E-491D-8D28-50A95B4E93B7.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 10

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
@danbenhamo : Dan- OK, this is a bit like extracting teeth!!! :D

Here's the thing- as you will doubtless appreciate, VW produces lots of vehicles and the company has been building the mk7/7.5 in your picture as a world car since about 2013. So there are many many different versions of this vehicle in many, many different markets in many, many different counties (including Israel). I've never been to Israel (it's on my bucket list- COVID permitting) - and we don't get many Israeli cars driving the streets way down South, here! So I ain't good with what module-types are fitted to your cars- alas!

To get an answer to your question that is useful (read, accurate) - it's important to know what type of BCM is installed in the car and to also understand what other control modules live on the CAN network in the vehicle (as context information).

So, when you next have access to the car - grab a quickie auto-scan and post it here. Else, if you have access to the laptop that you use to run VCDS, look in the directory C:\Ross-Tech\vcds\Scans and use a previous auto-scan report.

Don

Last edited:

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
But to cut long story short. Don is absolutely correct stating that the ambient lights are controlled by the means of BCM (Body Control Module or central electronics module like some like to call it) and not by the MIB unit.
You need to buy some time from Erwin VW and download the wiring diagrams for your car. That makes your life a lot easier. Then there's a quite recent post here https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/24820/ that will give you the proper codings and adaptations you need to do.

But, as Don said, all starts with an autoscan.

danbenhamo

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
But to cut long story short. Don is absolutely correct stating that the ambient lights are controlled by the means of BCM (Body Control Module or central electronics module like some like to call it) and not by the MIB unit.
You need to buy some time from Erwin VW and download the wiring diagrams for your car. That makes your life a lot easier. Then there's a quite recent post here https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/24820/ that will give you the proper codings and adaptations you need to do.

But, as Don said, all starts with an autoscan.
thanks you for the reply. i will upload autoscan later its morning in israel.
i got elsawin can i get the wire info from there?

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Yes, you should get it from there as well

danbenhamo

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Yes, you should get it from there as well
@danbenhamo : Dan- OK, this is a bit like extracting teeth!!! :D

Here's the thing- as you will doubtless appreciate, VW produces lots of vehicles and the company has been building the mk7/7.5 in your picture as a world car since about 2013. So there are many many different versions of this vehicle in many, many different markets in many, many different counties (including Israel). I've never been to Israel (it's on my bucket list- COVID permitting) - and we don't get many Israeli cars driving the streets way down South, here! So I ain't good with what module-types are fitted to your cars- alas!

To get an answer to your question that is useful (read, accurate) - it's important to know what type of BCM is installed in the car and to also understand what other control modules live on the CAN network in the vehicle (as context information).

So, when you next have access to the car - grab a quickie auto-scan and post it here. Else, if you have access to the laptop that you use to run VCDS, look in the directory C:\Ross-Tech\vcds\Scans and use a previous auto-scan report.

Don

Code:
Removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not acceptable here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back