New user

dafty

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=356263
Hello all,
Presenting myself with my new car VW Golf GTI 2019. I have also VCDS with official license.
I have had an issue with the activation of lighting comfort (Komfortblinken), modification from 3 to 4 but not working.
If this could help solution was to reset lighting (factory) and works fine now.
If you have some interesting VCDS tweaks, modification please let me know, I have tried to use serach function but found nothing. I'll try a bit more.
Sorry for my English (French).

Reactions: Uwe

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
@dafty : Hi and welcome aboard!!! Ain't nothing wrong with your English; it's a lot better than my French - which is a much better language IMO (it's almost as good as Italian) because both are phonetic and therefore they are by definition, more efficient!!

As for "interesting VCDS tweaks" - like beauty, "interesting" is in the eye of the beholder! So, I won't attempt to make a distinction between interesting and not-interesting!

In any event, Ross-Tech does have a kind-of Wiki, Metadata-ish page for the Golf mk7 (AU) engine which contains links to various 3rd party sites. You might find something to whet (see how clumsy English is?) your appetite here.

And, if you are wanting more - I recently became aware of a comprehensive amalgam of tweaks here

Don

PS: question for admin - Why doesn't the forum main page have a quick-link to the Ross-Tech home page (as a marketing/sales facility-if for no other reason)? Or does it and I just can't find it? Suggestion for consideration: perhaps make the banner on the forum main page link to the Ross-Tech home site instead of linking to itself (which is kind-of silly IMO)?

Last edited:

dafty

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=356263
Hi,
Thank you Don for your feedback.
French language is interesting but I'm also interested in the English language (it was my prefered one at school ans it still is)
Indeed "interesting" mods are related to someone feelings.
Thanks for the link I'll have a look.

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
PS: question for admin - Why doesn't the forum main page have a quick-link to the Ross-Tech home page (as a marketing/sales facility-if for no other reason)? Or does it and I just can't find it? Suggestion for consideration: perhaps make the banner on the forum main page link to the Ross-Tech home site instead of linking to itself (which is kind-of silly IMO)?

Thanks @DV52 ,

I mentioned that to @Santos and he will change the Banner to link to our home page. I also asked him to add a link to the Wiki (if possible) because I used that feature in our old forum.

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I mentioned that to @Santos and he will change the Banner to link to our home page. I also asked him to add a link to the Wiki (if possible) because I used that feature in our old forum.
Done!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I think HOME in the top line should also link to our home page. Right next to it is FORUMS...

-Uwe-

Viking

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=151455
But now from anywhere in the forum's there's no link straight back to the forum home. Now I'm taken to Ross Techs home not the forum...

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
But now from anywhere in the forum's there's no link straight back to the forum home. Now I'm taken to Ross Techs home not the forum...

Light blue bar at the top of the screen:

OYqCMGx.png

-Uwe-

Viking

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=151455
Not on a mobile though...

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Not on a mobile though...
What mobile?

On my Android, if I'm in landscape mode, it looks almost identical to the screen-shot I posted above. If I'm in portrait mode, I have a three-bar menu at the extreme upper left, and FORUMS is one of the entries in that menu.

-Uwe-

Back