New Forum Member, Hello:)

Phoenixx2

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=124988
Good day to you all,

Been using VCDS HUC for a fair few years now as an enthusiast. Recently changed vehicles from Audi A6 C6 to Audi A7 C7.5.

Research suggests that the new HEX-NET (10 Vin version) would be more beneficial to use with the A7 so i am in talks with one of the approved U.K distributors about upgrading and trading in my older HUC cable.

I did purchase my current cable from a friend of mine when he sold his Audi and had no need for his cable anymore.

Just wondering what I need to do to become a verified user because of the way I purchased the cable, I've never had an issue using VCDS or the cable so far but want to make sure everything is above board before I post further and get into support requests?

Any help apricated.

Look forward to getting involved!

*Looking at the..
"How to get Verified" Section of this forum it would seem I wont be eligible until I purchase transfer of ownership? " 3) You bought a second-hand system and aren't eligible for support. You can still post in the New User section of the forum, but you won't get posting access to most of the rest of the forum unless/until you elect to transfer ownership of that system into your name. You can do that here at a cost of $99"

Would this have to be done first even if I wanted to trade in my existing HUC for a HEX-NET?:confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Would this have to be done first even if I wanted to trade in my existing HUC for a HEX-NET?
In principle, the answer is: Yes, second-hand owners are not eligible for discounted trade-ins unless they pay to change registration first. That said, it wouldn't hurt to fill out the free form first as though you were the original owner to see what happens. Worst case is that it will be rejected.

-Uwe-

Phoenixx2

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=124988
Thank you for the advice Uwe, I shall give that a try!

*Submitted :)

Last edited: