A few questions pre buying.

Anthrax

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 2004 Audi S4.

I had to replace a computer/control module under the drivers side floor. It got flooded. Now my key cannot control the doors windows etc.

Can your system reprogram my key? I only have one key. I assume if I cut another one correctly I can program it as well?

I have a dozen or so warning lights related to the left/right headlights, rear lights, lots of light related stuff.

Can your system turn off those sensors - so they don't show and never show on my display?

Thanks for your time.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Sounds like you replaced the Central Convenience Module. VCDS should be able to match your remote to the replacement.

VCDS alone won't be able to match a whole new key to the car's Immobilizer though; doing that requires a security ("PIN") code that VCDS cannot provide.

As a general rule, VCDS cannot "turn off" sensors, but it can probably help you diagnose what's wrong with that stuff so you can fix it.

-Uwe-

Anthrax

Reaction score
I replaced my headlights with aftermarket. The canbus thing did not work. Also it has a sensor that detects some kind of "movement" or "auto adjust" thing included in the OEM equipment. So, I guess I am stuck with those warnings constantly flashing. I will use it for the key I currently have. Any idea how one goes about finding the "pin" code? I appreciate your time!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
So, I guess I am stuck with those warnings constantly flashing.
Not necessarily, but without seeing exactly what it's upset over, it's difficult to say what would be involved in fixing it.

Any idea how one goes about finding the "pin" code?
Some "locksmith tools" can extract it from the car, but there's no single tool out there that can extract it from all the different models.

-Uwe-