Golf 1.6 TDI CAYC, VCDS ad Dieselgate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkibir

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I have a pertinent quetsion regarding Dieslegate.

WERE there any changes to VCDS software and for that matter, other software and Diagnostic equipment on the market to accomodate to Dieselgate VW Modificatios which might affect those Vehicles which so far have not upgraded their Software?

Your opinions would be much apreciated special from Ross-Tech.

Thank you so much

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
The only changes that were made to VCDS were to accomodate new ECU software part numbers and ASAM Identifiers. So old software may not properly identify an ECU with updated Dieselgate software in it. Note: All legitimately licensed VCDS interfaces can use the latest VCDS software, so if you are contemplating the purchase of an interface that won't work with the latest software, you can be sure it is an illegally pirated copy and you won't get any help with it here.

I cannot speak to what other diagnostic equipment has done.

-Uwe-

Alkibir

Reaction score
UWE, you mis
The only changes that were made to VCDS were to accomodate new ECU software part numbers and ASAM Identifiers. So old software may not properly identify an ECU with updated Dieselgate software in it. Note: All legitimately licensed VCDS interfaces can use the latest VCDS software, so if you are contemplating the purchase of an interface that won't work with the latest software, you can be sure it is an illegally pirated copy and you won't get any help with it here.

I cannot speak to what other diagnostic equipment has done.

-Uwe-
I think you misunderstood my query. I try a different aproach.
However, I take it that any analyses made with Current VCDS will Identify and work on Pre Dieselgate ECU Software.

1) Golf MK6 - 1.6 TDI 77KW, 2010.
2) ECU Software Still in it's original pre Diselgate affair.
3) Will current VCDS Software recognise this ECU Software.
4) Will current VCDS Software, for example, try to place changes or adaptations (if we can call it so) based on Post Dieselgate updates to VCDS, or even other Diagnostik Equipment and/or Software on the Market right ow?

Nothing to do with Pirated copies or such like. I don't go for that. Genuine it must be.
I am querying this because I need to decide waht to do to repair my Golf now decaying in my garage deu to Either faulty Injectors that I bought or simply untold experimentation done by a so called professional car mechanic who now cowardly refuses to "Help you any further" in his own words.
Thank you for your help.

langers2k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=224085
VCDS won't try and make any changes or adaptions unless you (as the user) ask it to do so.

VCDS will only allow access to functions the ECU supports:
- If the dieselgate update added any additional functionally, it won't be present in pre-update ECUs and therefore cannot be accessed via VCDS.
- Conversely, if the dieselgate update removed any functionality, it will still be present in pre-update ECUs and VCDS will be able to access it.

Given the car is a 2010 it's been around for more than long enough to be 'fully supported' by VCDS. In the incredibly small chance it isn't, I have no doubt Rosstech would do everything in their power to add support.

My Octavia is also running pre dieselgate software and latest VCDS works perfectly with it, just as older versions have for the last 6 years...

Reactions: Uwe

Alkibir

Reaction score
VCDS won't try and make any changes or adaptions unless you (as the user) ask it to do so.

VCDS will only allow access to functions the ECU supports:
- If the dieselgate update added any additional functionally, it won't be present in pre-update ECUs and therefore cannot be accessed via VCDS.
- Conversely, if the dieselgate update removed any functionality, it will still be present in pre-update ECUs and VCDS will be able to access it.

Given the car is a 2010 it's been around for more than long enough to be 'fully supported' by VCDS. In the incredibly small chance it isn't, I have no doubt Rosstech would do everything in their power to add support.

My Octavia is also running pre dieselgate software and latest VCDS works perfectly with it, just as older versions have for the last 6 years...
I Thank you so much for this valuable information. That then rules out the problem, at least as far as VCDS goes. Now I am concerned with what has happened to my Golf at that workshop where they used Brain Bee Connex.Mahle für Adaptation of injectors. The car was fine apart from a number 3 injector beind dead. Error P0203. Afterwards and new refurbished injectros fitted in, all four, it stutters, las in Power and even replacing those with my original still operative 3 injectors and one of the newer ones it does not get any better. Smokes like hell, and has an iregular Idle with variable moods. Sometimes idle sounds great sometimes it does not. I was told to wait a few weeeks so it settle. Well it is rather embarassig driving with a smiky car and the EGR, PF and CAT only get clogged and clogged. The damage inflicted like that will be huge on the Pocket Book.
Does one have to entry Long codes to adpat injectors? Or the Injector Head Code sufice?
Best wishes

langers2k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=224085
It's not something I've ever done, I believe you need the 7 digit code from each of the four injectors and enter them in the appropriate adaption channels.

Bruce

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
If you had access to VCDS and if you had made an autoscan before the work was done, we could look at what was and what now is. Since there is no way of looking at the history, speculation is the only information we can give.

Wait a few weeks for it to settle? Really? That's like a doctor telling a person having sharp pains in the chest to wait a day or two, you might just have gas! I don't accept that a change in hardware takes "a few weeks to settle".

Shade

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=291138
Hello good friends,

Please you need to post an auto scan so that we can assist you fully. Please do an auto scan and then proceed as below.

Please put the three known good injectors back on. You need to write down the adaptation codes. Please take one of the new injectors and use it as your forth one, write down the code.
Please go and do an injector adaptation for all injectors. Run the car for a minute and then do another auto scan and post it together with the first scan and let us see how your issue could be resolved.

Alkibir

Reaction score
If you had access to VCDS and if you had made an autoscan before the work was done, we could look at what was and what now is. Since there is no way of looking at the history, speculation is the only information we can give.

Wait a few weeks for it to settle? Really? That's like a doctor telling a person having sharp pains in the chest to wait a day or two, you might just have gas! I don't accept that a change in hardware takes "a few weeks to settle".
well there was no way I could guess what was going to happen, nor did I ever contemplated ever buying some software and an interface to try and find out what is really going on. but i did. a similar program to VCDS, all I could afford and that is already a lot. Meanwhile that Mechanic at that garage is no longer interested in my car, so I`m alone. I don`t really have a clue how it all woks but i got a preliminary report. if you can have a look perhas you could understad something. as sson as I manage to see what is going on with the injector settings i report. My apologies that I am here asking questions when in fact a purchased a different program. Any genuine input I get helps my cause. Thank you all for your patience and time. Best wishes.

langers2k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=224085
That report contains the original lcode and SW version so assuming you get VCDS, you'll be able to confirm the lcode is still correct and that it's not been updated.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
My apologies that I am here asking questions when in fact a purchased a different program.
We're done here now. If you're going to use a different product, please seek assistance from the makers of that product.

-Uwe-

Status
Not open for further replies.