Status
Not open for further replies.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
We're not talking about using J2534 to flash your ECU, but as a cheap diagnostic reader that will let you use VCDS-Lite to read the fault codes yourself for not much money.
VCDS-Lite will not work via a J2534 interface. Cables for VCDS-Lite can be had on fleaBay for $15-20 all day, which is a lot less than a J2534 cable costs. But VCDS-Lite is highly unlikely to work on an Mk.6 Golf at all. VCDS-Lite only communicates via K-Lines and this car likely requires a CAN bus connection for communications even with the ECU.

-Uwe-

Alkibir

Reaction score
VCDS-Lite will not work via a J2534 interface. Cables for VCDS-Lite can be had on fleaBay for $15-20 all day, which is a lot less than a J2534 cable costs. But VCDS-Lite is highly unlikely to work on an Mk.6 Golf at all. VCDS-Lite only communicates via K-Lines and this car likely requires a CAN bus connection for communications even with the ECU.

-Uwe-
I have not a clue what you are on about. I am in Europe anyway ... And I am looking for clues and an easy way of sorting my problem. Otherwise next month I can take tha car to the Scrapyard

Status
Not open for further replies.