Status
Not open for further replies.

Trade Member

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=271231
Over here in the UK pubs and clubs have a lock down in force between 10.00 pm and 5.00 am. Better check with Uwe and ensure that his bar is open for business :)

Trade Member

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=271231
You must have some form of local trade around your area. Call into a shop and ask if they have VCDS and then see if they will provide you an auto scan.

Alkibir

Reaction score
This series of posts wouild be amusing if were not sad :). Patience by the staff /pthers is impressive. Maybe move to Uwe's Bar?
Well you must be very funny and amusing yourself, I take it. Or are forums to discuss the nice posterior next door and the Football results of the week? Or do you visit a Froum to have fun? Forums like this serve the purpose of mutual help on matters of VCDS and off curse break downs being sorted out with it. I came here in desperation. So Cheers if your bees is tastting good.

Alkibir

Reaction score
You must have some form of local trade around your area. Call into a shop and ask if they have VCDS and then see if they will provide you an auto scan.
Here no one uses VCDS. If at all it will be a private dude somewhere. I don't have a clue who. Workshops use equipment like Delphi or Brain Bee Connex.Mahle or even other multipurpose Diagnostic professional programing. I enqueired this in the past. the answer was no. I had a diagniostic with Brain Bee, that is where they installed and programed the injectors. No errors no other issues I am told. Then someone with I think Delphi. No errors nothing. So they point it to faulty injectors which keep being adjusted by the ECU. However, I feel the guy who did my injectores must have had access to something else in the ECU and tried to teak it. The result is that even with my other 3 injectors nothing works properly.

langers2k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=224085
At a guess, the eBay listing has sold or at least I can't find it. The only one I can see is item 184441927770 but that won't finish for 6 days (20th Sept).

You're probably better using the Portuguese distributor given you're in a rush.

3-Vin HEX-V2 is €249: https://shop.strato.de/epages/64059577.sf/pt_PT/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64059577/Products/0010
Used HEX-CAN is €199: https://shop.strato.de/epages/64059577.sf/pt_PT/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64059577/Products/0009[2]

Either should be fine on a MK6 Golf and arrive quicker than the eBay item I mentioned above.

I didn't even know official distributors sold 'used' interfaces but I'd probably opt for the 3-Vin HEX-V2 as it's got a shorter lead time and is more future proof.

Alkibir

Reaction score
At a guess, the eBay listing has sold or at least I can't find it. The only one I can see is item 184441927770 but that won't finish for 6 days (20th Sept).

You're probably better using the Portuguese distributor given you're in a rush.

3-Vin HEX-V2 is €249: https://shop.strato.de/epages/64059577.sf/pt_PT/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64059577/Products/0010
Used HEX-CAN is €199: https://shop.strato.de/epages/64059577.sf/pt_PT/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64059577/Products/0009[2]

Either should be fine on a MK6 Golf and arrive quicker than the eBay item I mentioned above.

I didn't even know official distributors sold 'used' interfaces but I'd probably opt for the 3-Vin HEX-V2 as it's got a shorter lead time and is more future proof.
Thanks. Had a look at it actually costs more than 300.

Last edited by a moderator:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Over here in the UK pubs and clubs have a lock down in force between 10.00 pm and 5.00 am.
Only in areas subject to a local lockdown such as Bolton, in the rest of the UK it's normal hours but from today (Monday September 14) only in groups of 6 or less.

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
Hi Alkibir,

I will share my experience with You. Until 2003, I managed self-made interfaces. As soon as the first, intelligent Hex COM appeared, I bought it.

I would dare to ask You how much does one nozzle and coding replacement cost? I believe that VCDS will pay off for just one operation that You currently need.

VCDS is certainly not an investment for just one job. Such a thing is bought in the "long terms" and once in 10 or more years. :thumbs:

Bruce

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Here no one uses VCDS.
That's a shame. They do not know what they are missing.

If at all it will be a private dude somewhere. I don't have a clue who. Workshops use equipment like Delphi or Brain Bee Connex.Mahle or even other multipurpose Diagnostic professional programing. I enqueired this in the past. the answer was no. I had a diagniostic with Brain Bee, that is where they installed and programed the injectors. No errors no other issues I am told. Then someone with I think Delphi. No errors nothing. So they point it to faulty injectors which keep being adjusted by the ECU. However, I feel the guy who did my injectores must have had access to something else in the ECU and tried to tweak it. The result is that even with my other 3 injectors nothing works properly.
Sadly, the "big box" tools, as we call them, often claim to do all things but then cannot do it all. They do not have all the details needed. Maybe 60-80% of the details.

Do any shops near you have a J2534 pass through tool? If they do, they can connect to the online VAG factory software and should be able to do all things needed.

I am the Sales and Marketing guy for Ross-Tech. You have made it clear our tool is too expensive for you to buy right now. We understand.

Our help is intended for those who see value in the product we offer and who come to this forum because they own our tool and value our expertise. We have tried to help you through the suggestions given but those have not been received well by you. I think you see value in the information found in this forum and you see the expertise. Perhaps when you have the means, you will choose to become a VCDS owner.

I do think you need to seek answers from those who do not use our diagnostic tool to fix these cars. Our focus here is using our VCDS tool to solve problems. If you do not have access to VCDS, then our conversation is really limited and we are unlikely to be able to help. We need information which you can't provide because you do not have the reports from a VCDS tool. We don't read reports from other tools because we speak VCDS here. While we empathize with your situation, I think it best if you seek others who can help you.

Alkibir

Reaction score
Hi Alkibir,

I will share my experience with You. Until 2003, I managed self-made interfaces. As soon as the first, intelligent Hex COM appeared, I bought it.

I would dare to ask You how much does one nozzle and coding replacement cost? I believe that VCDS will pay off for just one operation that You currently need.

VCDS is certainly not an investment for just one job. Such a thing is bought in the "long terms" and once in 10 or more years. :thumbs:
Bro, as soon as I have this blody problem sorted I am selling and VW niemals. That was a HUGE Mistake. Thanks for the advice. Regards

Alkibir

Reaction score
That's a shame. They do not know what they are missing.

Sadly, the "big box" tools, as we call them, often claim to do all things but then cannot do it all. They do not have all the details needed. Maybe 60-80% of the details.

Do any shops near you have a J2534 pass through tool? If they do, they can connect to the online VAG factory software and should be able to do all things needed.

I am the Sales and Marketing guy for Ross-Tech. You have made it clear our tool is too expensive for you to buy right now. We understand.

Our help is intended for those who see value in the product we offer and who come to this forum because they own our tool and value our expertise. We have tried to help you through the suggestions given but those have not been received well by you. I think you see value in the information found in this forum and you see the expertise. Perhaps when you have the means, you will choose to become a VCDS owner.

I do think you need to seek answers from those who do not use our diagnostic tool to fix these cars. Our focus here is using our VCDS tool to solve problems. If you do not have access to VCDS, then our conversation is really limited and we are unlikely to be able to help. We need information which you can't provide because you do not have the reports from a VCDS tool. We don't read reports from other tools because we speak VCDS here. While we empathize with your situation, I think it best if you seek others who can help you.
I just replied someone else about my plans. But here it is again. I have had my Golf since 2010. But since the dieselgate I decided no more. Now even worst. I had have had a couple of problems with teh VW people here. I would have not come here if I did not think VCDS was not the best after VW Software. And I do not know anyone who has a J2534 tool. Apart from perhaps Volkswagen workshos which are a rip off and as soon as I go in they will wanna change my engine to After Dieselgate. No way José. Thank you for all your help. I shall be listening for opinions and tips and tricks. Always usefull. Best wishes.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
And I do not know anyone who has a J2534 tool. Apart from perhaps Volkswagen workshos which are a rip off and as soon as I go in they will wanna change my engine to After Dieselgate
J2534 is a generic adapter which will be used by many independent repair shops on many different makes of vehicles, so don't make the mistake of assuming it's VW specific - I have one which I use on my Toyota!

Alkibir

Reaction score
J2534 is a generic adapter which will be used by many independent repair shops on many different makes of vehicles, so don't make the mistake of assuming it's VW specific - I have one which I use on my Toyota!
I will research. i have no idea. Basically something you plug into de OBS Connector?
Hi Alkibir,

one nozzle? the problem is that aparently now all nozzles are not working correctly. Car is smoking so i sent all Inectors to refit. When I am now forking out 2500 euros altogether for Injector replacemnts, wherby the first ones which did not work, and a new one with my old ones don't work properly neither, as well as new refits of mine it means that every cent counts. I am not rich and I have no job right now.

Alkibir

Reaction score
@petrol Dave, J2534 is an interesting tool. However, I would normally be able tl get the old files for my car from VW anymore as I did not take it in for the post Dieselgate mod. I had so ready enquired about.
Thank you.
Best wishes

Alkibir

Reaction score
Good Morning everyone. Anyonw ever cleaned an AMF sensor on a Golf 6 TDI?
And also, I have (now) 3 injectors with following first pair of code digits, B1xxxx, B3xxxx, B4xxxx. However, the other one starts with a 90. Is this normal? I would have thought that on Fitting in the factory, that Injectors come with codes from batches which usually como out of the same production date, time, and working shift in order to keep tolerances constant. Can anyone explain this to me? Thanky you all.

Last edited:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
@petrol Dave, J2534 is an interesting tool. However, I would normally be able tl get the old files for my car from VW anymore as I did not take it in for the post Dieselgate mod. I had so ready enquired about.
We're not talking about using J2534 to flash your ECU, but as a cheap diagnostic reader that will let you use VCDS-Lite to read the fault codes yourself for not much money.

Alkibir

Reaction score
We're not talking about using J2534 to flash your ECU, but as a cheap diagnostic reader that will let you use VCDS-Lite to read the fault codes yourself for not much money.
My problem is not reading coders. For that I have a ELM237 dongle and Torque or something similar. I am talking about correcting problems such as injectors

Status
Not open for further replies.