Forum Software Migration

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
I think you guys (especially Santos it seems ;)) have done an AMAZING job of this.

You've avoided the whole Microsoft Paradigm... where they change stuff seemingly just to create a job for themselves and to piss off all their users!

Honestly, I think this is the fastest major forum upgrade I've been able to adapt myself to - it seems so similar and i don't find myself wishing the old version back - in fact, I hardly remember it at all :D
Agreed!

Well done Ross-Tech Staff: Ewe, Adam, Debbie, Chuck, Steve, and all the others too :p
Actual real life LOL. Thought you were going to get clubbed on that first name of the list, took me a moment to read the rest and get it. :o

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
We have a sign in the office: Think! What would Uwe Do?

Says it all doesn't it? Those words should be on the photo above, right?

Zer ist vun vay to do dis! You do it my vay! :D;)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
We have a sign in the office: Think! What would Uwe Do?
Just to be clear: Yes, that sign exists, but I did not put it up, nor cause it to be put up. :p

-Uwe-

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Ahh yes, you did not... but you did train us! We just wanted newbies to know and not forget! :p And for those of us who are now becoming senile, it's a good reminder!

Reactions: Uwe

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
And for those of us who are now becoming senile, it's a good reminder!
@Bruce : Clearly you are "becoming senile" more gracefully than me because I find that the process most definately isn't a "good reminder"- of anything! Memory of any kind is the 2nd thing to fail in old age - If only I could remember what's the first thing !!:)
Don

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
Uwe; you can rest easy knowing that when I read your name, I pronounce it in my head: "OoVay", but with a Kiwi accent :thumbs:

Or maybe it is *I* who can rest easy... knowing I've avoided receiving a "Tonya Harding" :D

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
@Bruce : Clearly you are "becoming senile" more gracefully than me because I find that the process most definitely isn't a "good reminder"- of anything! Memory of any kind is the 2nd thing to fail in old age - If only I could remember what's the first thing !!:)
Don
Thank you Don. Me Graceful.... have you seen this body? The boys who hunt with me can talk of my grace as I trip over my own 2 feet.

Memory and Senility ... I cannot believe how many times I fail to recall things known only to wake in the middle of the night with the word, name, place I was trying to conjure hours earlier. What happens to our brains as we age?

Uwe wants me to stay for 5 more years... I can't imagine how deficient my brain will be given its condition now. I keep pen and paper by me now. I have to make notes or I will forget what I am to do. It scares the hell out of me to be honest. My mom was the one who had memory problems. Dad was as sharp as a tack up to the last day. Seems I will follow mom...

Getting old is not for the feint of heart they say. I never understood the saying until I began living the reality.

I understand that it is not a "good reminder" but the sign at the office is.... lest I think I am doing the right thing, I should always think about how Uwe would approach a problem and then try to emulate the master!

This was fun responding to this thread. If we do not joke about this getting old, then all we are left with is crying... It's real kids. It will happen to you too!