2010 Golf - New gateway and need codes

18ME

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=401654
Just found that WD on the forum probably means wiring diagram. If there is more deeper issues with the car than coding then I think I’ll have to bite the bullet and take it to a VW dealer to sort. I was really hoping that after the gateway and parking sensor modules were replaced then all would be good after some coding.:(

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I was really hoping that after the gateway and parking sensor modules were replaced then all would be good after some coding.:(
Replacing modules often (usually?) requires coding AND adaptation changes, and quite often following some reset procedures - it's very rarely a case of just plug'n'play.

18ME

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=401654
Replacing modules often (usually?) requires coding AND adaptation changes, and quite often following some reset procedures - it's very rarely a case of just plug'n'play.
I realise that there's a lot involved with the coding side of things and admit it is all new to me as I'd never used VCDS in my life until I bought one recently, so appreciate all the help I can get with it. But as to checking wiring etc then that is not something I would be able to do as it is way beyond my skill set unfortunately. I did check all the fuses previously when I started getting issues due to the gateway and all were ok then.

I haven't cleared any of the faults so would that be a good idea first and then maybe take it to VW were they can possibly look at the wiring etc? I don't think there would be any point taking it back to the garage who replaced the gateway and parking sensor module as he couldn't code it after changing. He did say that he emailed Ross Tech for help but got no reply, but after him having the car for more than 6 weeks I just wanted to get it back and try and get it sorted myself.