Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks for sending us the email. To help others in the future and to maintain the continuity, I would suggest that we continue this discussion in this forum.

According to some research and the information found in the Official Factory Repair Information the [J393-Comfort system central control module] controls the brake lamps.
M9 - Left brake lamp bulb
M10 - Right brake lamp bulb​

The coding for [Address 46: Central Conv.], the [J393-Comfort system central control module], seems plausible...
You have the PR-Code [A8U = Executive US equipment], so you do need the "SAE Rear Lights (PR-A8U)" coding value.
You also have [QQ1 = With additional lights (interior lighting)], so the "Light Package (PR-QQ1)" so that would also be correct.​

The rest of the coding does not seem to apply to the lighting functions for this controller.

By the way, what value do you have in the Adaptation Channel [050], this is the one for the "Adaptive Brake Light".
(Maybe this has something to do with it?)

If you could try the [Output Tests] with VCDS in the [J393] controller to see if all the light operate as they should, you maybe able to set additional fault codes.

Lastly, what happens when you disconnect either the [J393-Comfort system central control module] or the [J773-Comfort system central control module 2] ? Do the brake lights go out?

Code:
Address 46: Central Conv.        Labels:. 4L0-910-289.lbl
   Part No SW: 4L0 910 289 K    HW: 4L0 907 289 K
   Component: Komfortgeraet   H12 0130 
   Revision: 0130 ---    Serial number: 01815629840000
   Coding: 3569693
   Shop #: WSC 31414 790 00001

Let us know how this goes, hope this helps,

drpeter

krousej

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=84440
Fixed it!
Turned out to be the brake Lt. Switch was stuck.
That was one of the first things I installed when I got the car.
I didn't have a way to test it with all the missing modules.
At the time, I relied on the ones & zeros in measuring blocks.
Since I saw a change when I put my foot on the brake, I figured it was good
And moved on. It wasn't until I went to do a PF regeneration that I realized
It was stuck. First promp in test was "release brake pedal".

I can't tell you how to install that switch, the instructions weren't very helpful.
But what I can say is there is a magnet on a shaft that moves past a sensor inside.
The pink lock collar either locks or unlocks this magnet once its seated and installed.
When you have tail lights reacting to what you're doing, your bound to get it on the
12th try, or so. Just don't force anything. It's only plastic.

Removal is unlock the pink lock collar then "simultaneously" push in the 3 barbs that keep it in the plastic bracket.

I'm a TDI guy, so I'm pretty good on Golfs & Jettas. What threw me, working the Audi, is all the electronics, I would have been better off trusting my instincts.
Thanks for all your help, Mr. Ross & Peter and other contributors.

Reactions: Uwe