2020 RS3 sedan (DNWA) - some tweaks not sticking

Joecool

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=137948
Hi Guys

I'm based in Australia, and so we get the DNWA powered RS3 here. I've recently upgraded my old Ross-Tech cable for a new one, and since, have started doing some basic mods. What I find unusual is that some mods, which I thought might be a little harder to implement, have stuck without a hitch, such as headlight washer disabled, privacy warning message disabled, wiper service position added to service menu, and wiper fluid pulse reduced to 500ms. What I HAVEN'T been able to do, which users of OBD11 seem to have been is the Chirp on unlock/lock and DRL dimming on indication. The chirp I thought would be a given, but alas, not.

On all mods attempted, I have had the bonnet (the hood, for you guys in the US) opened all the way, the engine running and the handbrake engaged. All mods were, according to the VCDS software, were accepted by the system and were rechecked to ensure the new value was now accepted and default.

Is there any glaring reason these two mods (the chirp, especially) are not being engaged, despite the system accepting them?

Thanks for your time and help, everyone.

Nick

Joecool

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=137948
OK, well, the mystery of the chirp has been discovered when I went in for what feels like the 10th time at getting the mod to work. Turns out that the usual lines don't work.

What I tried before was this:

09 - Central Electronics
Security Access > 31347
-Adaptation > (2) - Acknowledgement Signals - Akustische Rueckmeldung Verriegeln = Active
-Adaptation > (1) - Acknowledgement Signals - Akustische Rueckmeldung entriegen = Active
-Adaptation > (7) - Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung = Active

There is a line in the group of "acknowledgement signals" that ends in "global" (maybe -Adaptation > Acknowledgement Signals - Akustische Rueckmeldung global??. I activated this one and VOILA!!! Chirp....chirp chirp!

Please pass this on to anyone with a 2020 ROW car trying to do the same thing and may be stuck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Uwe

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
What modules are equipped in your car? Please post a full unedited Auto-Scan.
What steps where you trying to accomplish the DRL dimming when indicator is on?

Reactions: Uwe

hadez16

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=289891
What I HAVEN'T been able to do, which users of OBD11 seem to have been is the Chirp on unlock/lock and DRL dimming on indication. The chirp I thought would be a given, but alas, not.

Chirp: Forgot to tick the option in MMI menu after coding?!

DRL dimming: not possible

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
DRL dimming: not possible

Depends on the MY. That's why I asked for an Auto-Scan.
Judging from the adaption channel names posted above it could be an older model, where DRL dimming should be possible.

hadez16

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=289891
Depends on the MY. That's why I asked for an Auto-Scan.
Judging from the adaption channel names posted above it could be an older model, where DRL dimming should be possible.

Thread title says 2020 ;)

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
65539161.jpg

Back