Amarok Speedometer DIsplay Calibration

DoinitSideways

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
none yet
Hi everyone,

I have searched the forum about this and most people were trying to just get there speedo closer to actual, in which case they were convinced to just leave the factor of safety.

My issue is I have changed from a 255/60/18 tyre to a 275/65/18. This is a 7% increase of circumference from stock, which as would suggest, has seen my GPS speed go from 97kmh (when HUD shows 100) to 104kmh.

My issue is that my actual speed is now approximately 4% more then my displayed speed whereas it used to be 3% less.

I would like to change my HUD speed to be either the same as GPS or even more again so it has a factor of error again.

Can this be done with the VCDS unit. Happy to purchase one, but this would really be the main reason for it.

Vehicle details
MY18 VW Amarok V6 TDI 550 4Motion Auto

Cheers,
Josh

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
there’s on coding in instrument cluster called wheel circ. Changing that also changes the speedo a bit. Mine is set to variant 3 which is exactly now the same display in speedo as what gps speed is. So 0% error.

However, this does not work on all cars and it’s a long shot if it work for you or not.