HEX+CAN no communication

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
... For the difference in price I'd probably go with the Pro to be on the safe side. I just haven't heard much about the new interfaces ...
The new HEX-NET interfaces started shipping in September of 2016 after a 2 year evaluation and refinement in the hands of users willing to work with us. The HEX-V2 is built from the knowledge gained in the HEX-NET evaluation but without the WiFi functions to lower the cost and make it more attractive to the enthusiast community. The HEX-V2 was introduced in January of 2017.

No product has zero returns but the returns on HEX-NET and on HEX-V2 interfaces has been amazingly small. We have not had issues.

In Jan of 2020, we made the decision that we were not going to repair HEX+CAN units as we no longer had stock to do so. Instead, we would offer to take back non-functional units, giving the user a significant discount toward the price of a new interface. That is our solution as fixing units requires a body to do it. As no longer building them, our assembly house no longer has a technician available to fix them. For good business reasons, we moved on.

If your wire was damaged or if the connector was broken, you might be able to effect repair yourself and we might have parts to fix it. If the electronics are down, then we don't have the needed parts.

You paid $329 for the HEX-COM+CAN. You used it for a lot of years. Broken, it will get you a $200 discount on a HEX-NET interface. May I ask where you can find a company that offers such a deal? How much was required to keep your VAG-COM and VCDS software current over the years?

Perhaps being frugal is getting in the way of clear thinking?

16vCorey

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=13586
You paid $329 for the HEX-COM+CAN. You used it for a lot of years. Broken, it will get you a $200 discount on a HEX-NET interface. May I ask where you can find a company that offers such a deal? How much was required to keep your VAG-COM and VCDS software current over the years?

Perhaps being frugal is getting in the way of clear thinking?
Oh, I agree 100%. Haha. Your customer service is second to none. No other company would be willing to give a $200 discount because I bought something from them 15 years ago and it recently broke. You'll get zero arguments from me. Regardless of what I end up buying, there's no question that you all take care of your customers. I'm sure I will end up doing the upgrade, I'm just getting old and set in my ways. Thanks a million for all the help.