Hello - new, and a question re: Programming Attempts data under Advanced Ident...

unBiltCayman

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=28176
Hey all!

Still waiting to get verified. Been a VAG-COM owner since ~2005, and only in the last 18 months since have I not had a VW or Audi in the garage. However, I do have a Porsche Cayenne Diesel and have a question about some generic output I saw yesterday (yes I'm aware the Cayenne is "not supported" - I don't believe that has any bearing on my question.)

Under "Auto Transmission" and "Advanced Identification" I see two lines (among many):

Programming Attempts(application): 1/7/7/1/1
Successful Attempts(data): 1/7/7/1/1
Flash Date: 00/01/01

There's a similar thing under "Engine" and "Advanced Identification" - on mine both lines as above are listed

Programming Attempts(application): 5/5/5
Successful Attempts(data): 5/5/5
Flash Date: 20/02/01

Can someone explain to me what the numbers and slashes mean? 1/7/7/1/1? 5/5/5?

I've seen screenshots or data dumps here and in other VW forums that list these lines, and they all contain data that looks like this - but not always the same number of numbers/slashes.

Some color behind why I'm looking at this: My Cayenne is a victim of the Dieselgate scandal, with super annoying transmission behavior. As I've dug deeper lately, a few folks have told me that the driving behavior I'm describing is NOT what the "fixed" transmission software behaves like. I know of at least one person who, when getting the original Dieselgate fix applied to their Cayenne - the dealer only did half of it, programming the DME but not the TCU. It was discovered on a subsequent dealer visit and they re-did the entire procedure.

So I'm trying to figure out what the numbers/slashes mean, and I find it odd that the TCU flash date is essentially a default. Makes me wonder if my TCU was never flashed with the DG fix....

Thanks!

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

unBiltCayman

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=28176
Documentation on this seems to be sparse.
https://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/advancedid.php

We strive to provide the same data as the factory's scan tools, but that doesn't necessarily mean we understand exactly how to interpret it.

-Uwe-

Yeah I saw that page and noticed it wasn’t even mentioned in the description text. Was hoping somebody knew. Dang. Ok thanks!

Agree with the signature BTW ;)

Back