C?ID=295586
SW: 3Q0 907 530 G

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Ok. I think you need to upgrade it to be able to modify the datasets. If I remember correctly you need at least Q index gateway to be able to modify the dataset.

I'll check what dataset I have for Tiguan diesel. I did the upgrade and I have dataset that I modified for the DCC retrofit.

MasterTommy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295586
Allright, that would be nice! If needed ill swap out the gateway, but lets see…

MasterTommy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295586
This is a high gateway already by the way.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Allright, that would be nice! If needed ill swap out the gateway, but lets see…
No need to swap, just update. Is it continental or Lear gateway?

I’ll check this evening what I have. I’ll send you PM

MasterTommy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295586
Im not sure if its Conti or Lear, autoscan is in the starting post. I haven’t had a look at the label on the gateway in the car.

Does it lose any datasets, Fecs or otherwise when flashing to Q? And while we’re at it, anything else in the autoscan that is easily flashed to a higher SW without headaches? A5 or 13 for example…

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
It's a continental gateway. There's a Q update 5344 available for it.

Also 13 can be updated to T and A5 is updateable to index L. BUT, A5 is not downgradeable after that. If you go L you cannot go back to H. It will brick the camera hw.

Also your ACC supports pACC and that is doable for it as well. Of course needs some special attention but doable.

And all those lose dataset after flash and A5 in some cases loses the coding as well but no FeCs or calibration values are lost.

AINils

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56975
Ok. I think you need to upgrade it to be able to modify the datasets. If I remember correctly you need at least Q index gateway to be able to modify the dataset.

I'll check what dataset I have for Tiguan diesel. I did the upgrade and I have dataset that I modified for the DCC retrofit.
Index Ax is better, as Q and Ax have some small difference

SwissJetPilot

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=317276
I am reviving this post as this topic has come up in the Audi Mk2 TT Forum. I wanted to see if any further progress has been made to retrofit a Soundaktor.

From what I have gathered from this post and another one regarding a Mk7 Golf, the Soundaktor can not be retrofitted into a vehicle unless that vehicle - and it's engine - have been specifically coded to manage the Structure-Borne Sound Control Module -J869-.

Even after installing the Control Module, and if the ECU detects and reports the Address for A9-Struct. Borne Sound, if that vehicle/engine was never intended to have one, the VCDS will report back the DTC 0005 Incorrect Vehicle Type.

Just as an FYI, when I looked through the wiring diagrams for the Audi TT Mk2 (8J) I found it listed with following information -

• Powertrain CAN-Bus High Connection 1 (in main wiring harness)
• Powertrain CAN-Bus Low Connection 1 (in main wiring harness)
• Fuse 11 (on fuse panel C) -SC11- (Only engine codes CBBB, CFGB - diesel)

As noted, it was only designed for the CBBB and CFGB diesel engines.

Cuzoe

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=279487
@SwissJetPilot That's no longer the case, sounaktor firmware has been cracked, both for internal structure-borne and external (exhaust speaker) soundaktor.

See this thread on GolfMK7, which also links to the GitHub. There are even firmware's for cars that don't have driving profiles. They default to the sound from Sport mode.

You can flash the firmware from any engine to your (retrofitted) module. So if you want your one.6 to have the sound actor sound of the RS3... no problem. I'm running both internal and external soundktor on my NAR Mk7 TDI (2.0, CRUA), which was never offered with either.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
^ exactly like Cuzoe wrote. I have one installed to our Seat Leon 1.2TSI DSG. I’ve modified the firmware so that it has default mode and it goes to sport mode when dsg is set to sport.

Car has no driving profile selection.

AINils

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56975
Correct, firmware is cracked by jille which is a crazy dutch guy. You can install nearly all firmware on every A9. Actually use Lamborgini Urus in my Golf MK7.5 GTI, but will flash back to RS4

Last edited:
Back