Installing a Emblem Reverse Camera Golf Mk5

Sojah

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=182247
Hiya I want to install a RVC to my mk5 golf, I got a DELPHI RCD510USBRVC (56D035190A) it has the 26 pin connection on the back amber ish colour.

The RCD510USBRVC is one from the land of the rising sun, Ive noticed on the Emblem Reverse Camera there is a blue cable also to be connected, but my RCD510USBRVC headunit does not support this blue connection type.

Will I need this blue cable to be connected for the RVC to work on my RCD510USBRVC.

Where would the best place to get my Emblem RVC from.

Thank you in advance

Nicoleise

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208110
Hi Sojah,

Not totally sure I follow your question, but I think I get what you mean.

The camera itself comes with two connectors, one (black) for "regular" wiring like power, trigger wires and so on, and another blue, square connector that is basically a shielded video cable connector. The reason this connector exists is to make replacement of the camera not require taking the whole car apart, as well as because getting that small blue plug without the blue "collar" on it through the boot lid rubber duct is a pain as it is; dragging a 26 pin connector through there would make you want to close the boot lid over your neck. :D

So; there is a cable, made specifically to the purpose, that has a (white) 26 pin connector in one end, that plugs into the back of the RCD, and a blue connector in the other end, that plugs into the cameras connector. If you search on ebay for "rear view camera retrofit kit [low/high] [car model]" you should be able to see some good offers for complete kits that include the cables. I got mine from a good ebay seller at around 1/4 of the normal aftermarket price here in Denmark and less than 1/6 of dealer price. Installing it was fairly easy, by my car model (Passat Variant) doesn't have the camera in the emblem so it's a bit simpler.

You should be aware of:
- Lenght of signal cable, sometimes it's only *just* long enough if you route it over the roof and down the A pillers, other times it can (as it should, in my opinion) be routed "properly".
- You're not a verified VCDS user, so I'm taking it you don't have VCDS. The installation of the camera requires coding that can be done through VCDS for example, of both the radio and any parking aid systems in the car and/or CAN gateway depending on your choices.
- Camera exists in two models, it sounds like you're looking at the "Low" model. This is cheaper and has a clearer image (sharpness is better). It has static guide lines, meaning that the lines you see on the screen to guide you do not move, they just help you judge the vehicle width. It also exists in a "High" model, which uses a separate control module, is more expensive, has lower image quality but has guide lines that move as you turn the steering wheel. The price difference to me, when I purchased was more than it was worth to me though, I need the RVC for hooking up to large trailers that aren't easily moved by hand, and for occasional tight parking when on jobs.

Hope it helped,
Nicolai

Sojah

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=182247
Thanks for the reply Nicolai, yea I did register my VCDS but I don't know what happen now you saying that it does make sense why I cant post in retrofit.

You answered more than 100% of the question, yea I think from the tutorial I have seen it says go along the driver side panels up to the fuse box, not in the roof.

Really greatfull for your input.

Will see about not been verified VCDS user