What a story..

giecsar

Unverified
Reaction score
Hey everybody..

It all started in 2013 with the purchase of a random second-hand 2009 VW Passat CC.

I got it with only a few options installed, then proceeded to gather info and parts to slowly retrofit every possible optional equipment..

Over the course of 4 years I slowly and painstakingly added Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Assist, Park Assist, climate controlled seats, color instrument cluster, illuminated trim, AC outlet, memory mirrors, Dynaudio sound system, rear view camera, bluetooth, Auto Hold, door warning lights, chromed mirror covers, chromed glovebox handle, Nappa leather interior..

Everything that exists except a couple of things that might have a been a bit too outrageous and dangerous.. such as the panoramic roof.. cutting the body might have compromised structural integrity..

And I was so happy with the CC.. it was my baby.. I had a car chock full of tech and style..

It was such a satisfaction to have completed such a project.. and a lot of people were admiring me..

I had some threads on local forums where everyone was following and congratulating me..

Then something very sad happened..

In 2017 I had borrowed the car to my brother for a while.. he couldn't afford to buy anything and I had to help..

During that period I continued my life through other means..

But a sequence of unfortunate events happened..

One day he had it properly washed and sanitized inside and out, and when he got back the car from the washer all lights were blinking on the dash like a Christmas tree..

Most subsystems were not working anymore and the car wouldn't even start..

He called up someone to come look at it and after messing with it for a while the guy eventually got it to start..

But the car had a million issues..

My brother then tried to take it to other mechanics, but they didn't know what to do and randomly reset codings and whatnot in the various control units..

Thus causing further damage and issues..

Fast forward to 2 months ago and my brother gives me back my car as-is.. it was in a terrible state, he wanted to get rid of it and move on with life..

I took it back cause in the meantime life hit me hard too and I didn't have other means of transportation and couldn't afford to buy another car, even a used one..

In desperation I had been struggling to troubleshoot things for the past two months..

Dedicating many nights looking at things, going through old scans and logs from years ago, trying to find what needs to changed and how..

But I didn't have a complete scan from the moment before I gave the car to my brother with all the correct codings..

So it was very much a find-the-needle-in-the-haystack situation..

Now, with mountains of patience I have been able to fix a few things.. eliminate some of the errors..

A few systems are working again.. guessing the right coding did the trick here and there..

Visiting a few competent mechanics and sorting wiring and whatnot in a few spots also helped..

From a situation where almost all control units had multiple errors, now some are clear..

But I still can't figure out some of the remaining anomalies..

I'm at a complete loss.. can't find the information I need anymore, don't know where to turn..

All that being said I come to you with an honest cry for help: from what I can tell the VCDS they sold me 8 years ago is not genuine, never knew it and don't have funds to buy it again: if nobody wants to help so be it.

At the moment the car seems to be running fine but the MIL lights still flash and I get "engine malfunction" errors on the instrument cluster every time I start it, plus Adaptive Cruise Control doesn't work because the ECU has errors.

Notably one error in the ECU says wrong coding.. I looked over codings many times over and I don't know what's wrong still.. what am I missing???

I am attaching a complete current scan greatly appreciating in advance any sort of idea or hint..

Regardless, God bless to anyone reading this and I hope you will never end up in my situation.

Code:
[b]Removed. Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not acceptable here.[/b]
Gateway installation list:

https://pasteboard.co/Jjt1gQz.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/Jjt1r45.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/Jjt1zJM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Viking

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=151455
Irrespective of the sob story, a genuine VCDS system is a requirement for assistance here I'm afraid.